|German Aircraft Sky-Maxx|
German Aircraft GmbH
Officine Meccaniche Mingarelli
The Kohl Mythos (English: myth or story) is a German observation ultralight aircraft, designed by Stefan Kohl, and produced by S.A.I. Aeronautica, later by German Aircraft GmbH and most recently by Officine Meccaniche Mingarelli (OMM). When it was available the aircraft is supplied as a kit for amateur construction or complete and ready-to-fly.
The Mythos started out as the S.A.I. Aeronautica G97 Spotter. Later, production was moved to German Aircraft GmbH and the design sold as the German Aircraft Sky-Maxx. After unsuccessful marketing, the designer decided to have the aircraft produced himself under contract in Italy by Officine Meccaniche Mingarelli and it was then sold as the OMM M-7 Servator.
Design and development
The aircraft was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules. It features a cantilever high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit, fixed tricycle landing gear and a single engine in pusher configuration. The aircraft has extensive glazing to allow maximum visibility.
The aircraft is made from aluminum sheet. Its 8.75 m (28.7 ft) span wing has an area of 10.3 m2 (111 sq ft) and mounts effective flaps to allow low-speed flight and loitering. Standard engines available are the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS and the 95 hp (71 kW) ULPower UL260i four-stroke powerplants.
Reviewer Marino Boric described the design in a 2015 review as having, "slow flying capabilities and excellent cockpit visibility that is among the best of all aircraft in its category especially with the legendary transparent nose section".
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 6.24 m (20 ft 6 in)
- Wingspan: 8.75 m (28 ft 8 in)
- Height: 2.3 m (7 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 10.3 m2 (111 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 290 kg (639 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 70 litres (15 imp gal; 18 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Maximum speed: 192 km/h (119 mph; 104 kn)
- Cruise speed: 170 km/h (106 mph; 92 kn)
- Stall speed: 63 km/h (39 mph; 34 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 240 km/h (149 mph; 130 kn)
- Service ceiling: 4,572 m (15,000 ft)
- g limits: +4.8/-2.5
- Rate of climb: 7 m/s (1,400 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 43.7 kg/m2 (9.0 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 77. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 71. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Oxford Aircraft (n.d.). "Oxford Aircraft". Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". archive.org. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Oxford Aircraft (n.d.). "Mythos Specifications". Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kohl Mythos.|