October 7, 1994 |
Kohl Robert Stewart (born October 7, 1994) is an American professional baseball player for the Minnesota Twins organization. He attended St. Pius X High School in Houston, Texas and was picked fourth in the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft by the Twins.
Stewart played for the school's baseball team as a pitcher and American football team as a quarterback. A top college football recruit, Stewart committed to attend Texas A&M University, to play for the Texas A&M Aggies football team. On June 19, Stewart signed with the Twins, bypassing Texas A&M for a $4,544,400 signing bonus. Stewart was considered a top 60 prospect by both MLB.com and Baseball Prospectus as of their pre-2015 ratings.
- "Decisions, decisions". Espn.go.com. October 19, 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Verdejo, Angel (April 13, 2013). "Kohl faces choice between MLB draft, Texas A&M". Houstonchronicle.com. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Twins sign No. 4 pick Kohl Stewart for $4.5 million | HardballTalk". Hardballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Kohl Stewart". Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|