|Type||Ultras group, football supporters group|
Civil association „Kohorta“ Osijek is registered with the Croatian non-governmental organization register under the number 14001240. It is headquartered in Osijek - the administrative center of Osijek-Baranja county, Croatia.
The group was founded in 1988.
From 1972 to 1978 the group was named Šokci. From 1986 it is called Osijek Torcida (the model was the oldest and most famous Croatian fan group Torcida Split).
In 1988 the group was renamed Kohorta from the Latin word cohors which has two meanings. First is the basic tactical infantry unit Roman Army - the tenth part of Legion. At the time of the Roman emperors cohors numbered 400-600 people and were stationed in the city. Another meaning of Kohorta is "a strongly bonded group of people".
Among the fans are Kohorta in early 21st century comes to a certain flow of generations and assume leadership of a group young people. Kohorta is experiencing a revival; the number of members is increasing rapidly, with many teams and subgroups established. Tours are unavoidable, the creation of new props, banners, regulated stand, flares and messages during the games become an indispensable segment, as well as other Croatian fan groups, and city of Osijek.
Today, Kohorta is active as an "association of citizens", and organizes various kinds of entertainment content such as paintball tournaments which are held annually on the premises of KN.
Like any other formally organized group of Football supporters, its main task is to be present on every game of the NK Osijek, no matter where the game is played, to cheer for the NK Osijek during the game, to publish press releases stating their supports or condemns about the actions of the NK Osijek players or that of the Steering Committee of the NK Osijek. They are proactive in monitoring every facet of soccer and everything connected to it. Their voice was heard when the Osijek Town Hall made an announcement of proposing to name Davor Šuker as an honor citizen of Osijek. Kohorta was strongly against such a proposal. Every year Kohorta celebrates anniversary of its existence, but the 20th anniversary of the association, that took place in 2008, was very special. The Kohorta association made a film in their own production, about the association, its members – old and young and about cheering for their team. The film was screened in the Urania cinema. The film is titled: “20 years of pride”. The celebration lasted for a few days, with the grand finale on a soccer match NK Osijek – NK Rijeka. Later on the film was published on the YouTube, and can be found there under the entry: “Kohorta Osijek 20 godina ponosa (cijeli film)“. The language of the film is Croatian. For their 22nd anniversary, the members of the Kohorta made and recorded a song titled: “I give life of mine for Osijek”. The original title is:”Dajem život svoj za Osijek”. The song found its place on the Kohorta’s new CD of cheering songs. Kohorta was the first soccer supporter group that paid a visit to the pitch in Serbia, after the Croatian War of Independence. They visited town Subotica, to watch and cheer for their team.
- Article from Index.hr portal about the press release of the Kohorta regarding the incident in 2012., when they were banned from crossing the border and entering in Vojvodina, Serbia, to be present and cheer during the game NK Osijek – FK Vojvodina. Link: http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/kohorta-zbog-vojvodine-bojkotira-utakmicu-osijeka-i-zadra/642058.aspx
- Condemning the Steering Committee’s actions. Posted on the forum. Link: http://www.osijek031.com/viewtopic.php?t=27069
- Article about their press release against naming Davor Šuker as an honor citizen of Osijek. Link: http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/kohorta-protiv-sukera-ne-zelimo-ga-za-pocasnog-gradjanina-on-se-srami-osijeka/408902.aspx
- Kohorta Osijek – report from 20th birthday, link: http://www.ultras-tifo.net/match-reports/56-kohorta-osijek.html
- Article about the 22nd anniversary of the Kohorta. Link
- Article about the new song for the Kohorta’s CD. Link: http://www.sib.hr/predstavljamo/predstavljamo-sport/3069-poslusajte-novu-pjesmu-kohorte.html
- Article about the Kohorta visit to Subotica. Link: http://www.sib.hr/sport/nogomet/2802-foto-nk-osijek-i-kohorta-gostovali-u-srbiji-.html
- Official site
- Article about the game NK Osijek vs. FK Vojvodina – when the Kohorta members were banned from crossing the border
- Article about Kohorta 24th birthday
- Article about Kohorta’s 18th birthday
- Article about Kohorta’s plan to go on the soccer game in Split, from 2009
- Article about Kohorta being fed up with the way NK Osijek Steering Committee is doing their business
- Kohorta cheering stand where cheering momentous could be bought