This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada|
Alarm Clock Pro
Number of employees
Koingo Software, established in 1994, is a Canadian corporation that designs and distributes software for both Macintosh and Windows. Presently, the business develops a mix of 8 shareware and freeware applications, most of which are available for the Macintosh and Windows.
Except for a few games in the past, the majority of the titles have been geared towards personal time, data, security, and information management such as for home inventory, scheduling, password and data storage, and digital anti-theft monitoring and protection.
Koingo Software originally branded its productions under both the Koingo Games and Pain Games titles. These products included titles such as Rocket Launch, Sewer Trouble, and Valley of the Vampire which were black and white HyperCard adventure games.
In 1999, the business began also developing products in REALbasic. These new products, such as Alarm Clock Pro (a time management utility), Password Retriever (password database utility), and Contact Keeper (simple address book), not being games, the organization rebranded itself as Koingo Software.
Koingo acquired Calgary, Canada-based business Kallaxa Software and added their software products to its line-up in 2015. 
In December 2012, founder Josh Hoggan took a leave of absence from the company for five years to pursue other business ventures such as starting his online travel blog on Instagram "adventure.josh" and adventurejosh.com. Upon his return, Koingo gave away a new MacBook to one of the adventure.josh followers on March 1, 2017.  With his return, Koingo shortly thereafter released a massive overhaul of their flagship application MacPilot, bringing it to version 9,  with promises of doing the same for MacCleanse.
Koingo Software has played an active role in the Macintosh community by regularly donating licenses to Macintosh User Groups, and participating in third-party giveaways and discounts with sites like MacZot and MacHeist.
The largest joint venture undertaken was the coupling of Koingo Software's Utility Package (the combination of all 12 of their software titles at the time) with MacUpdate's 2008 back-to-school bundle. Then later that year, the businesses offered Koingo Software's MacPilot in the 2008 Christmas Holiday Bundle.
- MacWorld's Editor's Choice: Alarm Clock Pro
- MacWorld Editor's Review: MacPilot
- MacWorld Editor's Review: AirRadar
- MacAddict Magazine Feature for Alarm Clock Pro, April 2004 Issue
- C|Net: Alarm Clock Pro Editor's Review
- C|Net: MacPilot Editor's Review
- The Spinning Beachball: MacPilot Review
- Scan for wireless networks, and provides detailed information such as encryption type, signal, noise, ad-hoc status, pbcc flag, channel, MAC address, and beacon interval.
- Alarm Clock Pro
- Schedule tasks such as playing multimedia files (including via iTunes), running system scripts, composing and sending e-mails, pinging web URLs, sending text messages and taking web cam and screenshots on a schedule or by timer.
- Data Guardian
- The successor to Password Retriever. Allows the secure storage of data into a 448-bit blowfish encrypted database.
- Digital Sentry
- Monitor a system for special events, and perform various actions in response
- Display Maestro
- Access all display resolutions and bit depths
- Librarian Pro
- Interacting with Amazon, automatically downloads product details based on UPC or ISBN to create a home inventory. Items can be marked out as "borrowed by" entered users.
- Erases caches, logs, recent file histories, and browser histories.
- Presents a graphical front-end for many advanced UNIX commands; additionally, provides the same interface for tweaking hundreds of hidden preferences available in Mac OS X.
As Koingo Software
The following applications have been discontinued:
- Alarm Clock
- Contact Keeper
- E-Mail Commander
- File Sheriff
- Font Pilot
- Gallery Designer
- MacPilot Lite
- Magick 8 Ball
- Mystery Island
- Password Retriever
- Robo Postman
- Swift Share
- Slideshow Magic
As Koingo Games
- Murder Mystery
- Rocket Launch
- Rocket Launch II
- Sewer Trouble
As Pain Games
- Captain Comic
- Character Creator
- Crime City
- Movie 2000
- New York Blast Out
- Slime House
- Super Dice
- Valley of the Vampire
- Big Announcements & Kallaxa Merger, KoingoSW.com, 12 December 2013
- Free MacBook!, KoingoSW.com, 23 February 2017
- MacPilot 9 - Largest Update Ever!!, KoingoSW.com, 7 March 2017
- MacUpdate and Koingo Software Team Up to Deliver AirRadar for Free, PRMac.com, 25 May 2009, retrieved 2010-01-16
- MacHeist 3 Bundle Referral Program, MacHeist.com, 13 February 2009, retrieved 2010-01-16
- VersionTracker Launches August Promotion, MacObserver.com, 14 August 2007, retrieved 2010-01-16
- Huge software savings with Koingo and MacUpdate, BrassHeadTech.com, 7 September 2008, retrieved 2010-01-16
- MacUpdate launches new bundle, ViewFromTheDock.com, 6 December 2008, retrieved 2010-01-16
- "Discontinued Titles". Koingo Software. Retrieved 2013-11-13.