Kokeshi Roller Dolls
|Teams||Doll Stars (travel team)
|Venue||Comprehensive Park Arena|
The Kokeshi Roller Dolls is a flat track roller derby league based in Okinawa, Japan. Founded in 2010, the league currently consists of two teams, an all star team which competes worldwide and a home team which competes against teams from other leagues in Japan.
The league was founded in August 2010 by Amanda Harms (known as "Pisa Cake") and Nicole King ("Nurse Fight'n Bail"). It held its first practice in October, with only six members, but had twenty skaters by the end of the month, and in January 2011 formed three intraleague teams. In May, it played its first bout, an intraleague contest. This attracted more than eight hundred fans.
- Asa Spades, "Can You Believe There's A Roller Derby League HERE?! Kokeshi Roller Dolls", DerbyLife, 16 September 2011
- "Kokeshi Roller Dolls to launch inaugural season", Weekly Japan Update, 19 May 2011
- Matt Orr, "Women on Okinawa find friendship through roller derby", Stars and Stripes, 26 May 2011
- "WFTDA Accepts 13 Leagues into Apprentice Program", WFTDA, 27 October 2011
- "WFTDA Welcomes First Full Member Leagues in Asia and South America Archived 2013-10-04 at the Wayback Machine.", 6 June 2013
- "Kokeshi Roller Dolls joins Women's Flat Track Derby Association", Stars and Stripes, 6 June 2013