Kolai-Pallas Kohistan District (Pashto: کولئ پالس کوہستان ولسوالۍ , Urdu: ضِلع کولئ پالس کوہستان) is a district in Hazara Division of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan. It was a sub division of Kohistan district of Hazara division till it was made a separate district in 2017.
Overview and history
Kolai-Pallas Kohistan was carved as District out of the District Lower Kohistan by Upgrading the old Pallas Sub-Division in 2017. On 31 May 2018, Battera Kolai was carved out of Pallas tehsil making two tehsils in total for Kolai-Pallas.
According to 2017 population census, the total population of Kolai-Palas District is 275,461. The current population of the district is 100% rural. The total number of house-hold in the district, according to 2017 census, are 35,717.
Farhatullah Khan Marwat (PMS) was posted as the first ever Deputy Commissioner (Administrative Head) of the District by the Provincial Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The district is decided into 13 Wards(Previusly known as Union Councils), and 52 Village Councils.
- "Kolai-Palas notified as new district". The News. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Deal struck: JUI-F's Maulana Asmatullah tenders resignation | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2017-03-12. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "KP Cabinet approves amendments in Civil Procedure Code". www.brecorder.com. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Kolai-Palas district headquarters: Tribesmen defer protest after admin assurance". The News. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "DISTRICT AND TEHSIL LEVEL POPULATION SUMMARY WITH REGION BREAKUP" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-06-20. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "POPULATION AND HOUSEHOLD DETAIL FROM BLOCK TO DISTRICT LEVEL" (PDF). www.pbs.gov.pk. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's (26 August 2017). "Kolai-Palas made district, Baffa-Pakhal tehsil". dawn.com. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Jirga members held for declaring two minor girls vani". The News. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's (31 May 2018). "Five tehsils created in Hazara division". dawn.com. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Provincial cabinet for combined efforts of govt institutions against narcotics". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's (2017-03-30). "Second phase of census to cover Upper, Lower Kohistan". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
|This Khyber Pakhtunkhwa location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|