Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Port of Mukas in Kolambugan.
Map of Lanao del Norte with Kolambugan highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||July 1, 1936|
|• Mayor||Lorenzo V. Manigos|
|• Vice-Mayor||Bertrand M. Lumaque|
|• Total||134.55 km2 (51.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
The name “Kolambugan” was taken from a word “kolambog”, a kind of tree which grew abundantly in the area. Some present day barangays were also before called Migcamiguing and Maribojoc named also from trees abundantly found in the area.
The Municipality of Kolambugan is located along the Panguil Bay area facing Ozamiz City in the Province of Misamis Occidental, 47 kilometres (29 mi) west of the capital town of Tubod. It is centrally located north-west in the province. The Municipality of Kolambugan is bounded by the Panguil Bay on the north, Municipality of Magsaysay on the south; the Municipality of Maigo on the east; the Municipality of Tubod on the west.
- Austin Heights
- San Roque
- Santo Niño
- Small Banisilan
On July 1, 1936, by virtue and power of the Executive Order No. 37, President Manuel L. Quezon declared Kolambugan as one of the Municipalities of Lanao Province. The Lanao province was further divided into Lanao del Norte and Lanao del Sur. Kolambugan is part of Lanao del Norte province.
In 1956, the barrios of Tangcal, Berowar, Pangao, Tawinian, Lumbac, Lawigadato, Somyorang, Bayabao, Pilingkingan, Ramain, Bagigicon, Lamaosa, Meladoc Big and Meladoc Small and Rarab, then part of Kolambugan was constituted into the municipal district of Tangcal.
|Population census of Kolambugan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "An Act Creating the Municipal District of Tangcal in the Province of Lanao". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Official site of Kolambugan
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Ozamiz, Misamis Occidental