|• Municipal manager||Heikki Havanka|
|• Total||2,617.87 km2 (1,010.77 sq mi)|
|• Land||2,558.61 km2 (987.88 sq mi)|
|• Water||59.15 km2 (22.84 sq mi)|
|• Rank||21st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||195th largest in Finland|
|• Density||1.56/km2 (4.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.5% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||15.2%|
|• 15 to 64||57.6%|
|• 65 or older||27.1%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
It is located in the region of Lapland. The municipality has a population of 3,985 (31 December 2021) and covers an area of 2,617.87 square kilometres (1,010.77 sq mi) of which 59.15 km2 (22.84 sq mi) is water. The population density is 1.56 inhabitants per square kilometre (4.0/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Kolari railway station is the northernmost station in Finland.
Ylläs, one of the most popular ski resorts in Finland, is located in Kolari. The area also features the country's largest bog with a thousand-year-old forest.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M12*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 February 2022.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003–2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
Media related to Kolari at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Kolari – Official website (in Finnish)
- Archived English version of the official website's homepage
- Ylläs webpage
- Kolari travel guide from Wikivoyage