|• Body||District Collector : Dr Arun T|
|Elevation||888 m (2,913 ft)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||MZ 05|
As of 2011[update] India census, Kolasib district had a population of 83,955. Males constitute 51.12% of the population and females 48.88%. Kolasib has an average literacy rate of 93.50%, higher than the national average of 74.04%: male literacy is 94.57%, and female literacy is 92.38%. Population growth rate of Kolasib district was 27.28 percent during the decade.
Kolasib is agriculture-dominated economy with a few service sector jobs as it is a district capital. A large number of people cultivate beetle nut, oil palms, rice, wheat and fish which is both consumed and exported to other districts of Mizoram.
A helicopter service by Pawan Hans has been started which connects the Aizawl with Kolasib. The distance between Kolasib and Aizawl through NH 54 is 83 km and is connected with regular service of bus and Maxi-Cabs.
The Major Higher Secondary School in Kolasib are:
- St. John's Higher Secondary School, Kolasib
- C. Zakhuma Higher Secondary School(CZS), Kolasib
- Madonna Open School
The Major Newspapers in Kolasib are:
- Duhlai Daily
- Kolasib Today
- Chhuahtlang Daily
- Vairengte Aw
- Kolasib Aw"@
- Zingtian Daily
- Zoram Kanaan
Major Television Cable Network in Kolasib are:
- Kolasib Cable Network (KCN)
- C. Zakhuma Cable Network (CZS)
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Economic activity gains momentum in Mizoram's Kolasib District". Yahoo News. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "MIZORAMA HELICOPTER SERVICE TUR CHIEF MINISTER IN HAWNG". Mizoram DIPR. Archived from the original on 12 December 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Nilaini atangin ‘Helicopter Service". The Zozam Times. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Aizawl to Shillong". Mizoram NIC. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Accredited Journalists". DIPR Mizoram. Archived from the original on 19 June 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Mizoram is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|