|District of Mizoram|
Location of Kolasib district in Mizoram
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Mizoram|
|• Assembly seats||3|
|• Total||1,382.51 km2 (533.79 sq mi)|
|• Density||61/km2 (160/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||956|
The district is bounded on the north and northwest by Hailakandi district of Assam state, on the west by Mamit district, on the south and east by Aizawl district and on the northeast by Cachar district of Assam state. The district occupies an area of 1382.51 km². Kolasib town is the administrative headquarters of the district.
The District has two R.D. Blocks, Bilkhawthlir and Thingdawl. The District has three assembly constituencies, Tuirial, Kolasib and Serlui
According to the 2011 census Kolasib district has a population of 83,054, roughly equal to the nation of Andorra. This gives it a ranking of 620th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 61 inhabitants per square kilometre (160/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 27.28%. Kolasib has a sex ratio of 956 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 93.50%.
- "SerluiB A Milestone in the Power Sector". Eastern Panorama. 20 October 2010. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Lalfakzuala. "Bairabi Dam Project 80MW leh TLAWNG HEP 55MW TAN MOU ZIAKFEL". DIPR Mizoram. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Tuirial Project To Be Completed by 2014". SINLUNG. 11 November 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
198 Andorra 84,825 July 2011 est.
- census2011. "Kolasib District : Census 2011 data". census2011.co.in. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
||Hailakandi district, Assam||Cachar district, Assam||Churachandpur district, Manipur|
|Mamit district||Aizawl district||Champhai district|