Kollur, Guntur district
|• Total||18.56 km2 (7.17 sq mi)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
It is located at a distance of 4 km off the bank of the krishna river.
The village is famous for Brick manufacturing. The soil which is available at the bank of Krishna river is very good to make bricks. Every year millions of bricks are manufactured and transported to nearby districts and far off places like Hyderabad too. There are around 400 trucks owned by the local citizens. The Brick industry was started by Sri. Koganti Venkata Rattaiah.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. As per the school information report for the academic year 2015-16, there are a total of 19 schools. They include, 13 mandal and zilla parishads, 5 private and 1 other type schools. The total number of students enrolled in primary, upper primary and high schools of the village are 3,159.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. p. 14,468. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Archived from the original on 2007-04-08. Retrieved 2007-04-27.
- "Kolluru, India". fallingrain.com.
- "Helen causes extensive damage to crops". The New Indian Express. Vijayawada. 25 November 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Thurakapalem Village". onefivenine.com.
- "Layout page".
- "Return 'Koh-i-Noor' to India, Says UK Lawmaker Keith Vaz". NDTV Convergence Limited. London. 29 July 2015. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "School Information Report". Commissionerate of School Education. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Student Information Report". Commissionerate of School Education. Child info 2015–16, District School Education – Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 8 November 2016.