Kollur, Guntur district
|• Type||Panchayati raj|
|• Body||Kollur gram panchayat|
|• Total||1,856 ha (4,586 acres)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
The village is famous for Brick manufacturing. The soil which is available at the bank of Krishna river is very good to make bricks. Every year millions of bricks are manufactured and transported to nearby districts and far off places like Hyderabad too. There are around 400 trucks owned by the local citizens. The Brick industry was started first by Sri. Narra Atchiah garu and Narra Parandhamayah Garu.
Government and politics
Gajullanka gram panchayat is the local self-government of the village. It is divided into wards and each ward is represented by a ward member. The village forms a part of Andhra Pradesh Capital Region and is under the jurisdiction of APCRDA.
- "Gram Panchayat Identification Codes" (PDF). Saakshar Bharat Mission. National Informatics Centre. p. 106. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 August 2017. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "District Census Hand Book – Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. pp. 14, 468. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Population". Census of India. Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "District Census Handbook : Guntur (Part A)" (PDF). Census of India. Directorate of Census Operations, Andhra Pradesh. 2011. pp. 5, 770–771. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Helen causes extensive damage to crops". The New Indian Express. Vijayawada. 25 November 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Layout page".
- Seetharam, Mukkavilli (1 January 1990). Citizen Participation in Rural Development. Mittal Publications. p. 34. ISBN 9788170992271.
- "Declaration of A.P. Capital Region" (PDF). Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department, Andhra Pradesh. 30 December 2014. p. 5. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 May 2019. Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- "School Information". Commissionerate of School Education. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 8 May 2019.