|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Division||Kampala Central Division|
|Elevation||1,300 m (4,300 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kololo is close to the centre of Kampala, bordered by Naguru to the east, Bukoto to the north, Mulago to the northwest, Makerere to the west, Nakasero to the southwest and Kibuli to the south. Kololo lies in Kampala Central Division. The coordinates of Kololo are:0°19'46.0"N, 32°35'41.0"E (Latitude:0.329445; Longitude:32.594725).
Starting in the 1950s, before Uganda's Independence, Kololo has been an upscale residential area, due to its central location in the city and to the spectacular views that the hill offers. Kololo is a popular location for Diplomatic Missions to Uganda, housing more than a dozen Embassies and Ambassadors' residences.
During the 2000s, hotels, banks, hospitals and other corporate entities have begun to infiltrate the hill, mainly to serve the elite who reside there, away from the noise and traffic congestion in the central business district located on the neighbouring hill called Nakasero. At the summit of the hill, there are radio, television and telecommunication masts.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found on Kololo hill:
- Acacia Mall - An upscale shopping mall
- Association of Uganda Tour Operators
- A branch of DFCU Bank
- The headquarters and main branch of Housing Finance Bank
- A branch of Bank of Africa
- A branch of Imperial Bank (Uganda)
- The main branch of Housing Finance Bank
- A branch of Orient Bank
- The headquarters and main branch of Opportunity Bank Uganda, a Tier II Financial Institution
- Arya Sumaj School
- Casino Simba
- Centenary Park
- Dr. Stockley's Hospital
- East Kololo Primary School
- Embassy of Algeria
- Embassy of the People's Republic of China
- Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Embassy of Egypt
- Embassy of Germany
- Embassy of Libya
- Embassy of North Korea
- Embassy of Russia
- Embassy of Rwanda
- Embassy of Saudi Arabia
- Embassy of South Africa
- Garden City Mall
- High Commission of the Republic of Kenya
- Hotel Africana
- Independence Park
- Main branch of Instinct Safaris
- Jinja Road Police Station
- Kampala Christian Cemetery
- Kampala Golf Course
- Kampala Golf Club
- Kampala Hospital
- Kololo Airstrip
- Kampala Protea Hotel
- Kitante Hill Secondary School
- Kololo High School
- Kololo Senior Secondary School
- Kololo Hospital
- Lincoln International School
- Metropole Hotel
- Oasis Mall
- Speke Apartments
- Uganda Management Institute
- Uganda National Museum
- Airtel Uganda Telecommunications Headquarters
- Nakumatt Supermarket - The supermarket chain also owns stores in Bugoloobi, and Bukoto.
- Uchumi Supermarkets - The Kenya'n supermarket chain also owns stores in Kabalagala, Najjanankumbi, Entebbe and Gulu.
- Google, . "Location of Kololo At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Mazinga, Mathias (2 December 2008). "Amazing Italian Jazz". New Vision. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Newvision, Reporter (3 October 2011). "Kampala To Get Premium Shopping Mall". New Vision. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Ssempijja, David (4 November 2010). "Nakumatt Takes Over Payless Supermarket Operations". New Vision. Retrieved 17 June 2014.