KolourPaint screenshot from Ubuntu
|Stable release||15.04.2 (June 3, 2015[±])|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
KolourPaint is a free, raster graphics editor by KDE, similar to Microsoft's Paint application before the version shipped with Windows 7, but has some additional features such as support for transparency.
It aims to be conceptually simple to understand, providing a level of functionality targeted towards the average user. KolourPaint is designed for casual work such as:
- Painting: drawing diagrams and "finger painting"
- Image Manipulation: editing screenshots and photos; applying effects
- Icon Editing: drawing clipart and logos with transparency
KolourPaint has a port to Microsoft Windows as part of the KDE on Windows initiative.
- "KDE - KolourPaint - Paint Program".
- "June Update for KDE Applications 15.04". KDE. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "KolourPaint - Copying - KDE Projects".
- "Windows 7 hits Milestone 3". Retrieved 2012-08-24.
The Ribbon user interface from Office 2007 is now part of WordPad and Paint.
- "Product Comparison About KolourPaint". Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "KolourPaint – It's a Kolourful world" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "KDE - Announcing KDE 3.3".
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|