Kompania Piwowarska is a Polish brewing group based in Poznań, established in 1999. Since 2009 it was 100% owned by SABMiller. Kompania Piwowarska currently has three breweries: Lech Browary Wielkopolski in Poznań, Tyskie Browary Książęce in Tychy and Browar Dojlidy in Białystok. Tyskie Browary Książęce (Princely Brewery Tychy), one of the oldest breweries in Europe, was founded in 1629.
The company was owned by SABMiller since 2009. As part of the agreements made with regulators before Anheuser-Busch InBev was allowed to acquire SABMiller in October 2016, Kompania Piwowarska was sold to Asahi Breweries of Japan on December 13, 2016; the deal is expected to close during the first half of 2017.
Kompania Piwowarska currently controls 45% of the Polish beer market.
The main Lech brands are Lech Premium a 5.2% abv pale lager, Lech Pils, a 5.5% pale lager and Lech Mocny a 6.2% strong lager. Lech controls 8% of the Polish beer market. The Poznań brewary brews Dębowe Mocne (Oak Strong), which is 7%. Currently produced types are "Lech Premium", "Lech Pils" and "Lech Mocne" (i.e. Lech strong).
Tyskie is one of the best selling brands of beer in Poland, with around 18% of the Polish market. Tyskie also has a world distribution. The main brands are Tyskie Gronie, a 5.6% pale lager, and Tyskie Książęce, a 5.7% pale lager.
Brands produced in Poland
|Brand of Beer||Alcohol
|Tyskie Gronie||5.5||pale lager|
|Tyskie Klasyczne||5.0||pale lager|
|Tyskie z tanka||5.5||pale lager|
|Lech Premium||5.0||pale lager|
|Lech Pils||5.5||pale lager|
|Lech Free||0.5||non-alcoholic beer|
|Lech Shandy||2.6||shandy-style beer|
|Żubr Ciemnozłoty||6.9||pale lager|
|Dębowe Mocne||7.0||strong lager|
|Wojak Jasny Pełny||5.0||pale lager|
|Wojak Mocny||7.0||strong lager|
|Wojak Super Mocny||9.0||extra strong lager|
|Książęce Złote Pszeniczne||4.9||pale lager with wheat malt|
|Książęce Czerwony Lager||4.9||vienna lager|
|Książęce Ciemne Łagodne||4.1||dark lager|
|Książęce Korzenne Aromatyczne||5.0||winter beer|
|Redd’s Apple||4.5||pale lager|
|Redd’s Red||4.5||fruit beer|
|Redd’s Sun||4.5||fruit beer|
|Redd’s Cranberry||4.5||fruit beer|
|Redd’s Grapefruit i Ananas||4.5||fruit beer|
|Gingers Beer Classic||4.1||fruit beer|
|Gingers Cinnamon||4.1||fruit beer|
|Gingers Lime||4.5||fruit beer|
|Peroni Nastro Azzurro||5.1||pale lager|
|Miller Genuine Draft||4.7||pale lager|
- Kompania Piwowarska update
- "Asahi Group to buy InBev beer brands for $7.8bn". Financier Worldwide. Financier Worldwide. February 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Anheuser-Busch InBev to Sell Former SABMiller's Central and Eastern European Business to Asahi". Bloomberg News. Bloomberg. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Asahi Forks Over $7.8 Billion for 5 of AB InBev’s Beer Brands], Fortune, url=http://fortune.com/2016/12/13/asahi-ab-inbev-beer-deal/, 2016-12-13, Asahi Forks Over $7.8 Billion for 5 of AB InBev’s Beer Brands], Fortune, access date=February 3, 2017
- Wells, Peter (December 13, 2016). "Asahi buys SABMiller's eastern European brands". FT. The Financial Times Ltd. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
A figure of more than €5bn ($5.32) for SABMiller’s eastern European brands had been floating around in recent weeks as a likely price tag.
- Teather, David (2006-10-30). "3.2m pints of Polish beer sold in Britain". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- Piwo Tyskie : Tyskie Browary Książęce => Kompania Piwowarska
- http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/kompania-piwowarska-(sabmiller)/2952/ RateBeer