|• Town Head||Oleksandr Masliukov|
|Elevation||160 m (520 ft)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code||+380 5240|
Kompaniivka (Ukrainian: Компаніївка) is an urban-type settlement in Kirovohrad Oblast (region) of central Ukraine. It is the administrative center of Kompaniivka Raion, housing the district's local administration buildings. Population: 4,544 (2013 est.).
Kompaniivka was founded in the second half of 18th century on the left bank of the Suhokleya-Komyshuvata river, a tributary of the Inhul. The settlers were former Cossacks Kompaniiskyi regiments. They had been Hetman light cavalry, whose were guarding the southern and western borders and providing an intelligence service. Probably this happened after the reform of October 24, 1775.
In the 1850s Kompaniivka became the center of parish of the same name in Elisavetgrad County. In the 1890s the Kompaniivka Paper factory was built in the town; its production was the largest in the region and fourth in Ukraine.
Most of Kompaniivskyi Raion's industrial activity takes place in Kompaniivka. The town's manufacturing plants are:
- Kompaniivka feed mill
- Kompaniivka agrochemistry
- "Kirovograd", a gas compressor station
- Zhyvanivka granite quarry
- Sausage shop
- Kompaniivka technical college veterinary medicine Bila Tserkva national agricultural university over the years, has trained about 4 thousand specialists veterinary medicine. For the third consecutive group of students of probation in England, three years technical college holds first place in the organization and conduct of educational practice among students of agricultural schools.
- School of Kompaniivka
The village houses the district's central hospital.
Kompaniivka has a children's music school. It 5 departments and 119 pupils study there. The school's nine teachers teach the children to play piano, accordion, wind instruments and guitar, and there are also lessons in choreography and the visual arts. The school has several teams that compete nationally.
The town also has the Museum Raion House of Culture and the raion library with about 26 thousand books (Kirov str. 14-a).
- "Kompaniivka (Ternopil Oblast, Kompaniivka Raion)". weather.in.ua. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "History Kompaniivka part 1". 2 September 2008. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- Історія Компаніївського району. Компаніївська районна державна адміністрація
- Культура Компаніївського району. Компаніївська районна державна адміністрація
- Сайт Компаніївської ЦБС