|Regions with significant populations|
Konar is an ethnic group from the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.The Tamil word Kon means both king and herdsmen. They are distributed throughout the state of Tamil Nadu, where they are one of the ancient Tamil castes.[need quotation to verify] The Konar are also called Ayar and Idaiyar.
- Allchin, Frank Raymond (1963). Neolithic Cattle-keepers of South India. Cambridge University.
- Hiltebeitel, Alf (1988). The Cult of Draupadi. University of Chicago Press. p. 35. ISBN 9780226340463.
- Inca origins: Asian influences in early South America in myth, migration and history. Elsraek. 2003.
- Padmaja, T. (2002). Temples of Kr̥ṣṇa in South India: history, art, and traditions in Tamilnāḍu. Abhinav publications. p. 35. ISBN 9788170173984.
- Richard, Guy (1982). Religious Festivals in South India and Sri Lanka. Manohar. p. 128.