Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam
|Koncham Ishtam Koncham Kashtam|
|Directed by||Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly)|
|Produced by||Nallamalapu Srinivas (Bujji)|
|Written by||Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly)|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|160 minutes (Telugu)|
Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam (English: Little Love Little Difficulty) is a 2009 Telugu romantic comedy-family drama film directed by debutante Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly), starring Siddharth and Tamannaah with Prakash Raj, Ramya Krishna, Brahmanandam in supporting roles, whilst the music was scored by critically acclaimed trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. The film was released on 5 February 2009. It has won three Nandi Awards and three CineMAA Awards, while Ramya Krishnan won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Telugu. It has been remade in Bengali as Romeo (2011). There was also a Nepali version Mayako Barima starring Rajesh Hamal. It has been dubbed into Tamil under the same title and into Odia as Tu mo arambha tu mo shesha(2012 film)|Tu mo arambha tu mo shesha(2012).
Geeta (Tamannaah) 18 grows up in a village, under the shade of her doting father Subramanyam (Nassar, 51) who takes care of everything for her and she is equally attached to him. She comes to Hyderabad for higher studies and stays at her uncle, Gachibowli Diwakar's (Brahmanandam, 47) house. There she meets with Siddharth/Siddhu (Siddharth, 20), friend of her cousin. Eventually they grow close and fall in love.
Though Siddhu was a playful, carefree young chap, he has problems at his home as his parents are divorced. He reveals that to Geeta and tells her that he is coming to her village to meet his father. There he asks Geeta's hand in marriage but Subramanyam doesn't agree. He says that he couldn't marry his daughter to a person whose parents are divorced. He wants to give his daughter in a big family but at least he wants his parents to be together. Siddhhu asks him whether he would agree to marriage if his parents reunite and Subramanyam agrees to that.
From then on start the efforts and trials of both Siddhu and Geetha to get Prakash (Prakash Raj, 47) and Rajyalakshmi (Ramya Krishna, 43) together. One night, when Prakash is driving Siddhu to his mother's home, they talk about when his parents separated. His father understands his feelings and what he's trying to say, and his father answers "that he couldn't have done anything,his mother just left him." To this Siddhu answers, "No, you should have gone after her. You should have never let her go." Even after this talk with Prakash, Geeta and Siddhu have lots of failures, but eventually Siddhu unites his parents together and Geeta's father, Subramanyam, also unites the other lovers, Geeta and Siddhu in this fun loving family movie. They marry in Tirupati Tirumala Venkateswara Temple and delivers 2 babies.
- Siddharth as Siddharth "Siddhu"
- Tamannaah as Geeta
- Prakash Raj as Prakash
- Ramya Krishna as Rajyalakshmi
- Brahmanandam as Gachibowli Diwakar
- Nassar as Subramanyam
- Venu Madhav as Bangaram
- Sudha as Geeta's Mother
- Hema as Gachibowli Diwakar's Wife
- Samrat Reddy as Friend
- Karuna as Swathi
- Surekha Vani
- Raju Sundaram in a special appearance
|Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam|
|Soundtrack album by|
9 January 2009
|Recorded||Purple Haze & Purple Rain Studios, Mumbai|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack features 8 songs composed by Bollywood composer trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy with lyrics written by Sirivennela Sitaramasastri, Chandrabose and Ramajogayya Sastry. The film marks the Telugu debut of the composers.
The album received overwhelmingly positive reviews from the critics. Bangalore Mirror review, said: "The intelligently localized sound in the trio’s Telugu debut does the trick". Sheetal Tiwari of Bollyspice, in her four star review, summed up: "Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have a created a totally different sound for KIKK. Do not be surprised if Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy make a habit of directing Telugu musicals because they have without a doubt left their mark". Indiaglitz described the album as an "amalgamation of class, mass and western tunes".
|1.||"Egire Egire"||Chandrabose||Clinton Cerejo, Hemachandra, Raman Mahadevan, Shilpa Rao||4:08|
|2.||"Aanandama"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal||4:50|
|3.||"Abacha"||Chandrabose||Mahalakshmi Iyer, Shilpa Rao||4:39|
|4.||"Konchem Ishtam"||Seetharama Sastry||Shankar Mahadevan||5:22|
|5.||"Evade Subramanyam"||Chinni Charan||Shankar Mahadevan||5:31|
|6.||"Antha Siddanga"||Seetharama Sastry||Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam||4:43|
|7.||"Enduku Chentaki"||Seetharama Sastry||Unni Krishnan||5:04|
|8.||"Panchirey"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Kirti Sagathia, Sadhana Sargam||4:55|
9. "Enduku chentaki"(film version) by Shankar mahadevan
- CineMAA Award for Best Comedian - Brahmanandam
- CineMAA Award for Best Debut Director - Kishore Kumar
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Telugu - Ramya Krishnan
- Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Telugu
- Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu
- Nandi Award for Akkineni Award for best home-viewing feature film
- Nandi Award for Best Female Comedian - Hema
- Nandi Award for Best Screenplay Writer - Vikram Sirikonda & Deepak Raj
- Mirchi Music Awards Critic Awards (Album)
- Mirchi Music Awards Critic Awards (Song) - "Anandama"
- "KI-KK is the title of Siddhartha's next movie". oneindia.com. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam Overseas Rights". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam: Smart package, Entertainment - Music Review - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror". Bangaloremirror.com. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam". BollySpice. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Konchem Istam Konchem Kastam Music Review songs lyrics". IndiaGlitz. 2009-01-21. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "57th South Filmfare Awards Winners (Telugu)| Nominees | Other Details". Andhraspider.com. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "Mirchi Music Award 2009". Radiomirchi.com. Retrieved 2011-07-06.