|Born||Allan Costa Morel|
13 September 1988
|Occupation||Music video director|
|Total views||31.9 billion|
Updated: September 22, 2020
Konrad Dantas (born 13 September 1988), better known by the stage name KondZilla, or just KOND, is a Brazilian screenwriter and director. He is the founder of KondZilla Records, which is a music video production company and record label often credited for being the main popularizer of funk ostentação. He currently owns the largest YouTube channel in Brazil and Latin America, and the second largest music channel in the world, with more than 53 million subscribers and over 26 billion views. In addition to his music videos, he is also the creator and director of the Netflix drama Sintonia.
Life and career
Konrad Dantas was born in the city of Guarujá, São Paulo. His mother was a teacher and his father worked as a bricklayer. When he was 18 years old, he worked as a web designer at a university in Santos, São Paulo. At 18, his mother died, leaving him a sizable life insurance. He used some of this money to buy a Canon EOS 5D camera to pursue a career in video production. Dantas later moved to São Paulo, where he studied cinematography, post-production and photography. In 2017, KondZilla Records was integrated into Dantas's production company, which has existed since 2011. The label manages the career of artists such as MC Kevinho, MC Kekel, MC Guimê, MC Dede, Dani Russo, Mc Rodolfinho, Mc Mm; and launches their music videos on his channel.
KondZilla has produced more than 1000 music videos, and his YouTube channel has more than 50 million subscribers, which is almost half of the unique users of YouTube in Brazil and 22 percent of the Brazilian population. He also has more than 25 billion views on his YouTube channel. On 3 February 2018, he surpassed Whindersson Nunes, making him the largest Brazilian channel on YouTube by subscriber count.
- G1, Do; Paulo, em São (6 March 2013). "Veja a repercussão da morte de Chorão nas redes sociais". Música em São Paulo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- ""Sertanejos copiaram a gente," diz diretor de hits do funk no YouTube". musica.uol.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "Tchau, frutas: Saiba quem são as novas mulheres do funk - Foto 6 - Música - R7". entretenimento.r7.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "The YouTuber with 26 billion views". bbc.com. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- "Canal KondZilla". YouTube. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Internet (amdb.com.br), AMDB. "Rolling Stone · O Rei da Ostentação". Rolling Stone (in Portuguese). Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "KondZilla ultrapassa Whindersson e se torna maior canal brasileiro do YouTube - Internet". Canaltech (in Portuguese). 6 February 2018.
- "Kondzilla agora é o terceiro maior canal musical no YouTube do mundo - Música". Canaltech (in Portuguese). 27 February 2018.
- "Biografia". Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- Lucca, Guss de (30 November 2012). "Fenômeno paulistano, funk ostentação é retratado em documentário; veja - Música - iG". Último Segundo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 29 December 2016.