Ragossnig was born in Klagenfurt, Austria. He taught at City of Basel Music Academy, University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna and the University of Zurich. He was the editor of several books on guitar music such as "Step by step. Basics of Guitar technique in 60 classical and romantic studies", Mainz 2007 and "Guitar Concert Collection", Mainz 2008.
- 1964: L'Anthologie de la guitare (Schubert, Mendelssohn, Giuliani, Sor). RCA Victor 430.159.
- 1974: Concertos pour guitare du XVIIIe siècle (Fasch, Krebs, Vivaldi). Vox Musicalis VOX 35050.
- 1973: Music for two Guitars (with Walter Feybli). SAGA 5412.
- 1975: Musik für Laute (6-LP set). Archiv 2723 061. Reissued as:
- 2004 Renaissance Lute Music (4-CD set). Archiv 476 1840.
Decorations and awards
- 1961: First Prize at the Concours International de Guitare in Paris
- 1984: Merit Award of Carinthia
- 1992: Grand Gold Decoration of Carinthia
- 1993: Medal of the city of Vienna
- 1994: Cultural Award of Carinthia
- 1998: Grand Decoration of Honour in Silver for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2003: Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class
- Some photos of LP covers[permanent dead link] (Oviatt Library Digital Collections)
|This article on a classical guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Austrian musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|