This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
June 6, 1978
|Died||October 28, 2018(aged 40)|
|Known for||WPC Raw Powerlifting World Champion|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||124–130 kg (273–287 lb)|
|WPC Raw World Powerlifting Championships|
|WPC Junior World Powerlifting Championships|
|GPC World Powerlifting Championships|
|Champions Battle Raw Deadlift Challenge|
Konstantīns Konstantinovs (Russian: Константи́н Константи́нов, June 6, 1978 – October 28, 2018) was a Latvian Russian powerlifter. His raw deadlift of 426 kg (939.2 lb), set in 2009, was formerly the raw deadlift world record.
Konstantinovs finished third at the 2010 Champions Battle Raw Deadlift Challenge behind 3 time WPC World Champion and 2009 WPC Raw World Champion Andrey Belyaev and popular Russian strongman/Olympic weightlifter Mikhail Koklyaev on June 25, 2010 in Arhangelsk, Russia.
Konstantinovs won the 2011 WPC Raw World Powerlifting Championships title on Nov. 18, 2011 in Riga, Latvia in the 140 kilograms (310 lb) weight class with a 960 kilograms (2,120 lb) total. He also placed third at the 2009 WPC Raw World Championships in Rostov-na-Donu, Russia.
Personal life and death
Konstantinovs worked as a professional bodyguard to earn his living.
On October 28, 2018, it was reported that Konstantinovs died at the age of 40 due to unspecified causes.
Personal Powerlifting Records
done in non-official competition (WPC/GPC)
- Raw Squat no knee wraps - 705.5 lbs (320.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Raw Squat with knee wraps - 738.5 lbs (335.0 kg) @308 lb (140 kg) class
- Raw Bench Press without belt - 584.2 lbs (265.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Equipped Deadlift with power suit - 948.0 lbs (430.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Raw Deadlift - 904.2 lbs (411.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Raw Deadlift without belt - 939.2 lbs (426.0 kg) @308 lb (140 kg) class
- → current all-time raw (unequipped) deadlift world records in the 308lb and 275lb class (open and drug-tested)
- Raw Powerlifting Total no knee wraps - 2171.6 lbs (705.5/584.2/881.9) @275 lb class/985.0 kg (320.0/265.0/400.0) @125 kg class
- Raw Powerlifting Total with knee wraps - 2217.9 lbs (727.5/551.2/939.2) @308 lb class/1006.0 kg (330.0/250.0/426.0) @140 kg class
- → current all-time drug-tested raw (unequipped) powerlifting total world records in the 308lb and 275lb class
- WPC Worlds 2011 results at allpowerlifting.com
- Konstantin Konstantinovs' powerlifting statistics at allpowerlifting.com
- Konstantin Konstantinovs Pulls 939 Lbs Raw at powerliftingwatch.com
- Champions Battle Raw Deadlift Challenge results at allpowerlifting.com
- Miris pasaules rekordists vilkmē Konstantīns Konstantinovs
- ALL TIME HISTORICAL MEN AND WOMEN’S POWERLIFTING WORLD RECORDS Archived 2013-06-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Vasquez, Johnny. "Men's All-time Raw World Records". powerliftingwatch.com.