June 6, 1978
Liepāja, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union
|Known for||WPC Raw Powerlifting World Champion|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||273 - 286 lb (124 - 130kg) active|
|WPC Raw World Powerlifting Championships|
|WPC Junior World Powerlifting Championships|
|GPC World Powerlifting Championships|
|Champions Battle Raw Deadlift Challenge|
Konstantīns Konstantinovs (Russian: Константи́н Константи́нов, born 1978 in Liepāja) is a Latvian competitor in the sport of powerlifting. His raw deadlift of 426 kg (939 lbs), done in 2009, used to be the all-time highest official raw deadlift in history. Today, it's still the world record for the biggest raw deadlift without a belt in an official competition. The official raw deadlift record with a belt is currently held by Benedikt Magnússon with a lift of 460,4 kg (1,015 lbs), set in April 2, 2011.
Konstantinovs finished third at the 2010 Champions Battle Raw Deadlift Challenge behind 3 time WPC World Champion and 2009 WPC Raw World Champion Andrey Belyaev and popular Russian strongman/Olympic weightlifter Mikhail Koklyaev on June 25, 2010 in Arhangelsk, Russia.
Konstantinovs won the 2011 WPC Raw World Powerlifting Championships title on Nov. 18, 2011 in Riga, Latvia in the 140 kilograms (310 lb) weight class with a 960 kilograms (2,120 lb) total. He also placed third at the 2009 WPC Raw World Championships in Rostov-na-Donu, Russia.
Konstantinovs works as a professional bodyguard to earn his living.
Personal Powerlifting Records
done in official competition
- Raw Squat no knee wraps - 705.5 lbs (320.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Raw Squat with knee wraps - 738.5 lbs (335.0 kg) @308 lb (140 kg) class
- Raw Bench Press without belt - 584.2 lbs (265.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Equipped Deadlift with power suit - 948.0 lbs (430.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Raw Deadlift - 904.2 lbs (411.0 kg) @275 lb (125 kg) class
- Raw Deadlift without belt - 939.2 lbs (426.0 kg) @308 lb (140 kg) class
- → current all-time raw (unequipped) deadlift world records in the 308lb and 275lb class (open and drug-tested)
- Raw Powerlifting Total no knee wraps - 2171.6 lbs (705.5/584.2/881.9) @275 lb class/985.0 kg (320.0/265.0/400.0) @125 kg class
- Raw Powerlifting Total with knee wraps - 2217.9 lbs (727.5/551.2/939.2) @308 lb class/1006.0 kg (330.0/250.0/426.0) @140 kg class
- → current all-time drug-tested raw (unequipped) powerlifting total world records in the 308lb and 275lb class
- WPC Worlds 2011 results at allpowerlifting.com
- Konstantin Konstantinovs' powerlifting statistics at allpowerlifting.com
- Konstantin Konstantinovs Pulls 939 Lbs Raw at powerliftingwatch.com
- Champions Battle Raw Deadlift Challenge results at allpowerlifting.com
- ALL TIME HISTORICAL MEN AND WOMEN’S POWERLIFTING WORLD RECORDS Archived 2013-06-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- Vasquez, Johnny. "Men's All-time Raw World Records". powerliftingwatch.com.