|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Founder||Melvin E. Brown
|Distributor(s)||Columbia Records/Epic Records|
|Genre||Hip hop, contemporary R&B|
|Country of origin||United States|
Konvict Muzik is a record label founded by Melvin Brown and R&B singer Akon. Fotemah Mba held the executive position of Vice President of A&R for the label. Other than Akon, popular artists such as T-Pain, A-Wax, Kat DeLuna, American Yard and French Montana Jonn Hart Verse Simmonds have signed in the past or are still present on the label. At the beginning of most Konvict Muzik artists' songs there is the sound of the clank of a jail cell, followed by Akon uttering "Konvict". Akon started his own label after the success of his debut album. T-Pain released three albums under the label, two of them achieving gold status. Akon has signed a deal with Columbia Records and Epic Records & Wash House Entertainment for new artists signed to Konvict.
Akon has signed Nigerian artistes: P-Square, Tuface, and Wizkid as representatives of his record label Konvict Muzik in Africa. He revealed this in December 2011 in Lagos at the unveiling of Cintron energy drink, which took place in footballer Jay Jay Okocha's club Number 10.
- Billy Blue
- Money Jay
- Verse Simmonds
- Young Swift
- Omega "el fuerte"
- OG Boo Dirty
|T-Pain||Rappa Ternt Sanga||
|Sway||The Signature LP||
- Melvin Brown: Konvict Business Archived October 8, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Akon signs 2face, Wizkid and P-Square as Konvict Musik Representatives
- "Konvict Muzik Artists". Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- Mgbolu, Charles (19 December 2011). "Akon's label, Konvict signs Wizkid Psquare, Tuface!". Vanguard. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- Cite error: The named reference
Songwriterwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).