|Parent company||Universal Music Group|
|Distributor(s)||Columbia Records/Epic Records|
|Genre||Hip hop, contemporary R&B|
|Country of origin||USA|
Konvict Muzik is a record label founded by Melvin Brown and R&B singer Akon. Other than Akon, popular artists such as T-Pain, Ya Boy, Kat DeLuna, American Yard and French Montana have signed in the past or are still present on the label. At the beginning of most Konvict Muzik artists' songs there is the sound of the clank of a jail cell, followed by Akon uttering "Konvict". Akon started his own label after the success of his debut album. T-Pain released three albums under the label, two of them achieving gold status. Akon recently[when?] signed a deal with Columbia Records and Epic Records for new artists signed to Konvict.
Akon recently[when?] signed Nigerian artistes: P-Square, Tuface, and Wizkid as representatives of his record label Konvict Muzik in Africa. He revealed this in December 2011 in Lagos at the unveiling of Cintron energy drink, which took place in footballer Jay Jay Okocha's club Number 10.
- American Yard
- Billy Blue
- Colby O'Donis
- Money Jay
- DJ. Winni
- Dj T.T
- Verse Simmonds
- Young Swift
- Omega "el fuerte"
- Cyhi da Prynce
- OG Boo Dirty
- Tami Chynn
- Dolla (d. 2009,Was shot and killed in Los Angeles)
- French Montana
- Ya Boy
- Red Cafe
- Jeffree Star
|T-Pain||Rappa Ternt Sanga||
|Sway||The Signature LP||
- Melvin Brown: Konvict Business Archived October 8, 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Akon signs 2face, Wizkid and P-Square as Konvict Musik Representatives
- "Konvict Muzik Artists". Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Musica Tipica". http://www.elgobiernomusical.com/web. Retrieved 23 October 2014. External link in
- Mgbolu, Charles (19 December 2011). "Akon’s label, Konvict signs Wizkid Psquare, Tuface!". Vanguard. Retrieved 7 March 2014.