|Traded as||ZSE: KNZM (delisted)|
|Founded||Zagreb, SR Croatia, Yugoslavia, 1957|
|Slavko Ledić (CEO)|
|Products||Grocery, General merchandise|
Number of employees
Konzum is Croatia's largest supermarket chain, with just over 700 stores open in Croatia and more than 10,000 employees. There are also Konzum stores in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in Serbia. Konzum serves over 650,000 customers each day. With its headquarters in Zagreb, it is part of the Fortenova Group company (belonged to Agrokor until 1 April 2019).
In July 2005 Konzum also founded a chain of drugstores, known as KOZMO. This chain, which by then had 42 stores with 242 employees, was sold to the Nexus ALPHA fund on 31 December 2009. In 2017 German retailer Müller undertook all 70 Kozmo stores expanding its presence in Croatian drugstore market.
The first Konzum store was opened in Zagreb in 1957. Unikonzum was established in 1970 by joining four retail chain stores: Črnomerec, Konzum, Moslavka and Slavonia. Since then it has expanded into Croatia's biggest supermarket chain, Its business has grown a lot since Croatia broke off of former Yugoslavia. Konzum joined the Agrokor group in 1994.
K Plus is the value product brand of Konzum. Food and household products are sold at affordable prices under the brand.
Konzum stores are named Konzum, Konzum Maxi, or Super Konzum according to their sizes.
Konzum Maxi is the medium-sized version of Konzum supermarket. They are located in Dubrovnik, Sisak, Ploče, Vis, Makarska, Split, Sinj, Šibenik Knin, Vodice, Zadar, Gospić, Otočac, Crikvenica, Krk, Pula, Rovinj, Umag, Poreč, Rijeka, Jastrebarsko, Zagreb, Varaždin, Čakovec, Bjelovar, Đakovo, Slavonski Brod, Osijek , Vinkovci and Pirovac.
Super Konzum is the largest version of the Konzum supermarket range. They are located in Čakovec, Đakovo, Vinkovci, Slavonski Brod, Zagreb, Samobor, Jastrebarsko, Ogulin, Rijeka, Poreč, Zadar, Šibenik, Split, Kutina, Makarska and Dubrovnik.
Velpro is a Bosnian cash and carry, Velpro is a part of the Konzum group. The first Velpro was opened in 2003 in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Velpro cash & carry has about 14 stores in Croatia also in Belgrade, Serbia.
Konzum operates in Serbia and Montenegro under the "Idea" brand. Idea stores are named Idea, Idea Super or Idea Extra according to their sizes. The city of Niš has the largest number of Idea stores at 37, followed by Belgrade with 24 and Podgorica with 19. Other Idea supermarkets are located in Novi Sad, Leskovac, Subotica, Vrbas, Bor, Sombor, Smederevo, Užice, Kraljevo, Valjevo, Gornji Milanovac, Šabac, Kragujevac, Zrenjanin, Nikšić, Herceg Novi, Pančevo and other towns.
On November 7, 2007, the launch of K-Mobile service was announced. In partnership with T-Mobile Croatia and EPH, K-Mobile was to offer consumers branded cellphones with prepaid calling plans. The project was to launch in March 2008, but was apparently cancelled; as of 2010[update] its web page is under construction.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Osnovni podaci kompanije Konzum". konzum.hr (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 23 November 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Konzum je prešišao Zagrebački holding: Ima 11.886 zaposlenih". tportal.hr (in Croatian). 22 May 2015. Archived from the original on 24 December 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Aktualnosti". konzum.hr (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 13 December 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Opće informacije". konzum.hr (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 18 December 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Rak Šajn, Jolanda (2010-01-04). "Todorićev Kozmo prodan fondu Nexus Alpha - Biznis - ekonomija - Večernji list". vecernji.hr (in Croatian). Večernji list. Archived from the original on 5 July 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Potpisan ugovor: Müller od Konzuma preuzima KOZMO drogerije" (in Croatian). poslovni.hr. 2017-01-03. Archived from the original on 2017-10-16. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "Povijest razvoja" (in Croatian). Konzum.hr. Archived from the original on 2 February 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Idea prodavnice". idea.rs (in Serbian). Archived from the original on 2010-09-25. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Gdje se sakrio Todorićev Kmobile mobilni proizvod?". javno.hr (in Croatian). February 29, 2008. Archived from the original on September 14, 2012. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-12-22. Retrieved 2007-11-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), accessed 2010-09-29