The place is notable as the construction site of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant. It is also the location of hundreds of windmills used for power generation, eight of which are located inside the grounds of the nuclear plant. These wind turbines have currently a total capacity of 2000 MW and represent one of the largest wind farms in India.
Since the beginning of 2011, this place has been embroiled in a nuclear plant controversy over fears of the plant safety.
Places for worship
- Pillayar kovil
- St.Anne's Church
- Murugan kovil
- Sri Akilandeswari Mutharamman Kovil
- Sri mutharamman Kovil
- Sri VELIPADATHA VEERA SWAMI KOVIL
- Venkatajalapathi Perumal kovil
- Sudalai madan,Esakkiamman
- CSI church
- Ayya koil
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kudankulam.|
- collective, 01:53 PM (13 May 2007). "Koodankulam Must be a Symbol of Prosperity". The South Asian. Retrieved 26 March 2012.