Type of site
(Online and offline also shopping)
|Traded as||LSE: KOOV|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Key people||Lord Waheed Alli (Chairman)
Mary Turner (CEO)
|Products||Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, Beauty|
|Slogan(s)||The Online Fashion Store|
KOOVS.COM is an online store for western fashion, catering to menswear, womenswear, footwear, accessories, jewellery and beauty products. The company is headquartered in Gurgaon, with office in London, and serves to the Indian market. The website stocks Indian and international brands and its own range of clothing and accessories. KOOVS.COM has also collaborated with international designers to create clothing collections.
KOOVS India was set up as an independent e-commerce business in 2010, operating through the website KOOVS.COM. In 2011, the Nahata family acquired a controlling interest in the company and shifted its focus to the sale of mobile phones and electrical goods. KOOVS.COM’s focus shifted to fashion in 2012 when the Company, founded by Lord Waheed Ali and Robert Bready, began to supply KOOVS India with consultancy services in fashion design for e-commerce.
In November 2013, Lord Waheed Alli, Baron Alli joined the organization as a Chairman. Subsequently, in late 2013 Robert Bready, former Retail Director of Asos.com and Roy Naismith, former CFO of successful global brand, French Connection joined the koovs leadership team.
In 2013, KOOVS.COM opened its first design office in London to design its private label collections. The Indian wholesale retail arm became a subsidiary of Koovs Plc (based in London) via a listing in March 2014, on AIM, a sub market of the London Stock Exchange.
KOOVS.COM is known for collaborating with international designers.
In Jan 2014, Canadian-British designer Patrick Cox collaborated with KOOVS.COM to create a capsule collection of shoes and bags for men and women titled AKA By Patrick Cox for KOOVS.
In May 2014, KOOVS.COM launched, HENRY HOLLAND X KOOVS, an exclusive collaboration with British designer Henry Holland. The collection includes signature prints, motifs dresses, tops, pants and swimwear.
In August 2014, music artiste Nikhil Chinapa collaborated with KOOVS.COM  to create UNDERGROUND by Nikhil Chinapa. This menswear collection comprised 30 styles across ready-to-wear and accessories.
In November 2014, KOOVS.COM launched MAWI X KOOVS, their collaboration with Indian-born British designer Mawi Keivom. She created an affordable line of jewellery, accessories and T-shirts for women.
In April 2015, British designer Giles Deacon collaborated with KOOVS.COM to create GILES AT KOOVS, a womenswear collection of eveningwear and cocktail looks consisting of ready-to-wear and accessories.
- Bloomberg. "Koovs PLC". Bloomberg.com.
- Koovs. "About Us". Koovs.com.
- VCCircle.com. "Koovs.com looking to raise over $35M by listing on AIM". VCCircle.com.
- Business Today. "How telecom industry scion Anant Nahata transformed Koovs - Business Today". Businesstoday.intoday.in.
- FT.com. "Ex-Asos boss to list Indian venture on Aim". FT.com.
- Bloomberg.com. "KOOVS PLC (KOOV:London): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek". Bloomberg.com.
- Londonstockexchange.com. "Koovs plc". Londonstockexchange.com.
- Business-standard.com. "Myntra, Jabong, Koovs in pursuit of designer wear". business-standard.com.
- dnaindia.com. "Henry Holland creates multi piece collection". dnaindia.com.
- vogue.in. "Henry Holland makes his India debut". vogue.in.
- elle.in. "Henry Holland collabrates with Koovs.com". elle.in.
- grazia.co.in. "Nikhil Chinapa Collabreates with KOOVS". grazia.co.in.
- festivalsherpa.com. "Go Underground With Nikhil Chinapa & KOOVS!". festivalsherpa.com.
- vogue.in. "Mawi Collabrates with KOOVS". vogue.in.
- grazia.co.in. "Giles Decons Collabrate with KOOVS". grazia.co.in.