Koranyi or Korányi is a Hungarian surname, which is a Hungarian form of the German surname Kornfeld (meaning "cornfield"). Hungarian doctor Frigyes Korányi and his family pioneered the name when they changed their surname from Kornfeld to Korányi in the 1830s, upon converting from Judaism to Catholicism. The name may refer to:
- Balázs Korányi (born 1974), Hungarian athlete
- Dávid Korányi (born 1980), Hungarian diplomat
- Désiré Koranyi (1914–1981), French football player
- Frigyes Korányi (physician) (1828–1913), Hungarian doctor
- Frigyes Korányi (politician) (1869–1935), Hungarian politician
- Jacob Koranyi (born 1983), Swedish cellist
- Lajos Korányi (1907–1981), Hungarian footballer
- Sándor Korányi (1866–1944), Hungarian doctor
- Stephan Koranyi (born 1956), German philologist and editor
- Kevin Kurányi (born 1982), German footballer
- Dictionary of American Family Names. "Kornfeld Family History", Oxford University Press, 2013. Retrieved on 11 January 2016.
- Láczay, Magdolna and Riczu, Zoltán. "The Jewry of Szabolcs and achievement of middle-class status in the Reform period." In Poland, Hungary, the World: Selected Aspects of Contemporary Economy, Culture, and Science, eds. Klemens Budzowski and Magdolna Láczay. Krakow, Poland: AFM Publishing House, 2009, p. 88.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Korányi, Koranyi. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|