Koraput railway station
|Indian Railway Junction Station|
|Elevation||870 m (2,854 ft)|
Koraput-Rayagada link line
|Tracks||Broad gauge)1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Coast Railway|
In 1960, Indian Railway took up three projects: the Kottavalasa-Koraput-Jeypore-Kirandaul line ( Dandakaranya Project ), the Titlagarh-Bolangir-Jharsuguda Project and the Rourkela-Kiriburu Project. All the three projects taken together were popularly known as the DBK Project or the Dandakaranya Bolangir Kiriburu Project.
The Koraput-Rayagada Rail Link Project was completed on 31 December 1998.
The Visakhapatnam-Kiandaul Passenger passes through Koraput. The Hirakhand Express connects Koraput to Bhubaneswar via Rayagada and Vizianagaram. Howrah-Koraput Express travels via Jharsuguda, Sambalpur and Rayagada. Samalswari Express travels along the same route from Howrah and goes up to Jagdalpur. The Durg-Jagdalpur Tri-Weekly Express travels via Titlagarh, Rayagada and Koraput.
Koraput railway station serves around 27,000 passengers every day.
- Baral, Chitta. "History of Indian Railways in Orissa" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Koraput-Rayagada Rail Link Project". Process Register. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Visakhapatnam-Kirandaul Passenger". India Rail Info. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Hirakhand Express". India Rail Info. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Kolkata Koraput Express". make my trip. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Samalswari Express". India Rail Info. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Durg Jagdalpur (Tri Weekly) Express". Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Koraput (KRPU)". Indian Rail Enquiry. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- Koraput travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|East Coast Railway zone|
|Terminus||East Coast Railway zone|