|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|• Total||22.96 km2 (8.86 sq mi)|
|Elevation||287 m (942 ft)|
|• Density||2,900/km2 (7,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of the 2001 Indian census, Koratla had a population of 54,121, 50% male and 50% female. Koratla had an average literacy rate of 60%, approximately equal to the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 51%. 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Government and politics
Koratla Municipality was constituted in 1988 and is classified as a second grade municipality with 31 election wards.It is in Metpally revenue division The jurisdiction of the civic body is spread over an area of 22.96 km2 (8.86 sq mi).
- "Urban Local Body Information" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Telangana. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Koratla, India". fallingrain.com.
- "District Census Handbook – Karimnagar" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 12,50. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "District Level Mandal wise list of villages in Karimnagar district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.