Günter playing for Galatasaray in 2014
|Full name||Koray Günter|
|Date of birth||16 August 1994|
|Place of birth||Höxter, Germany|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2012–2013||Borussia Dortmund II||25||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 June 2015.
Günter began his career in 2001 for SV Höxter, before moving to SpVg Brakel in 2006. Günter was elected sportsman of the year of Höxter in November 2011, and Günter was scouted by Borussia Dortmund at a Westfalen youth football tournament then enrolled into the Borussia Dortmund academy. Günter was previously an attacking player before being retrained as defender. He has played three seasons with the BVB academy since he joined BVB through to Borussia Dortmund II.
In the 2012–13 season, Günter succeeded to Borussia Dortmund II, playing in the German 3. Liga and on 28 August 2012, on the seventh match day of the 2012–13 3. Liga season, Günter made his debut in professional football, as he stood in the starting eleven of Borussia Dortmund II against Karlsruher SC II. Günter was inducted into the Borussia Dortmund's first team in the 2012–13 Bundesliga season, where he was selected for the first time in the BVB squad as an unused substitute on 27 November 2012 in a home match against Fortuna Düsseldorf in the Bundesliga.
Günter represented the Turkish U-16 national football team four times before he decided in the future to represent his country of birth Germany. Günter debuted for the German U-17 national football team on 4 September 2010, in an international friendly in Stadthagen against Azerbaijan U-17 national football team. In 2011, Günter represented the German U-17 national football team at the 2011 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship in Serbia where the German team finished as runner-up and one month later Günter represented the German U-17 national football team at the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico where the German team finished in third-place. Günter scored at the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the group game against Burkina Faso U-17 national football team, then he again scored in the second round of the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup in a 4–0 Germany victory against the United States U-17 national football team, before Günter again scored in the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup third-place match where Germany were victorious in a 4–3 victory against Brazil U-17 national football team. Günter's team-mate Marvin Ducksch scored two goals at the World Cup and is also enrolled in the Borussia Dortmund II squad.
On 17 April 2012, Günter debuted made for the German U-19 national football team in a 0–0 draw against Czech Republic U-19 national football team.
- As of 30 May 2015.
- UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship Runners-up: 2011
- FIFA Under-17 World Cup Third Place: 2011
- Galatasaray SK
- "DFB rewarded SV Höxter and SpVg Brakel" (in German). fubanews-hoexter.de. Retrieved 27 April 2012.[dead link]
- "Koray Günter: A perfect year" (in German). ruhrnachrichten.de. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- Kleifeld, Marcel (21 October 2011). "Koray Günter is on the go" (in German). reviersport.de. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Scharsig, Michael (27 November 2012). "Zu Gast beim Meister - abwehrlose Fortuna trifft auf geschwächtes BVB-Mittelfeld" [Visiting the champion - defenceless Fortuna meets weakened BVB midfield] (in German). goal.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Koray Günter Galatasaray'da" (in Turkish). galatasaray.org. Retrieved 30 January 2014.[dead link]
- "Supertalent Koray Günter: Der neue „Mario Götze“" [Super talent Koray Günter: The new „Mario Götze“] (in German). sportbild.bild.de. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Nationalspieler Koray Günter" [International Koray Günter] (in German). dfb.de. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Burkina Faso 0:3 Germany". FIFA.com. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Germany 4:0 United States". FIFA.com. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Brazil 3:4 Germany". FIFA.com. 10 July 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Tschechische Republik - Deutschland 0:0 (0:0)" (in German). dfb.de. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Koray Günter at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Koray Günter – UEFA competition record
- Koray Günter – FIFA competition record
- kicker profile (German)