Korea Institute for Advanced Study
The Korea Institute for Advanced Study (한국 고등과학원 KIAS 韓國高等科學院) is an advanced research institute in Korea. It is located on a 30-acre (120,000 m2) campus at 85 Hoegiro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 02455, Korea.
KIAS was founded in 1996, aiming to become a world's leading research institute where international elite scholars gather and dedicate to fundamental research in basic sciences. Currently, there are three Schools in the Institute: Mathematics, Physics, and Computational Sciences. As of 2016, the institute has 3 Distinguished Professors, 26 Professors, and 133 Research Fellows. 
As its name suggests, this Institute was founded modeled on IAS in Princeton, New Jersey (USA), although unlike its original, KIAS is funded by the government. Additionally, KIAS is a subordinary institute of KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
- Contact,"Visitor Information, KIAS", KIAS,2012.
- Mission Statement,"About KIAS, KIAS", KIAS,2012.
- About the Institute,"About KIAS, KIAS", KIAS,2016.
- 고등과학원 설립 및 운영계획 수립을 위한 조사 연구, 1996(최종보고서), 과학기술처, 국회전자도서관 DB 자료 (Korean)
- Website of KIAS : http://www.kias.re.kr