Korea International Exhibition Center
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Korea International Exhibition Center|
|Town or city||Ilsanseo-gu|
Korea International Exhibition Center (Hangul: 킨텍스, commonly known as KINTEX) is a convention and exhibition center located in Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, approximately 23 kilometres (14 mi) from Seoul, South Korea. It comprises two exhibition centers, one of which is connected to the office building of its parent company KINTEX Inc., and is the largest "MICE" venue in South Korea.
It is a three-storey building on a 224,800m² plot of land between Ilsan's central road, Chungangno, and the Han River. It has a total indoor exhibition area of 108,049m², the only exhibition center in Korea which has bigger area than 100,000m². Shortly after opening, it hosted the 2005 Seoul Motor Show.
This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2016)
- 1999 04 Confirmed for Goyang city to attract the construction of an International Exhibition Center
- 2002 02 Goyang International Exhibition Center was officially titled KINTEX (Korea International Exhibition Center)
- 2003 03 Launched KINTEX CI
- 2005 04 Grand Opening of the 1st KINTEX Center
- 2006 12 Changed the corporate name to KINTEX, conducted the feasibility study for the 2nd exhibition center
- 2007 07 Verified the validity to construct the 2nd exhibition center
- 2008 12 Appointed the Hyundai Engineering and Construction Consortium to construct the 2nd exhibition center
- 2009 07 Started the Construction for the 2nd exhibition center
- Indoor exhibition area: 1st exhibition center 53,541m², 2nd exhibition center 54,508m²
- Outdoor exhibition area: 1st exhibition center 2,849m², 2nd exhibition center 68,000m²
- Event hall : Seating capacity of 6,000 seats
- 26 meeting rooms
- Grand ballroom
As the country's largest exhibition center, KINTEX has hosted many regional trade fairs (organized by KOTRA) as well as international conventions and exhibitions. It is the main venue of the biennial Seoul Motor Show and is one of the venues of the Goyang International Flower Festival.
Kintex held Harvard WorldMUN 2015
The venue has hosted various events such as SBS's year-end music program Gayo Daejeon, the 2013 Mnet 20's Choice Awards, Infinite Challenge Expo in December 2015 to January 2016,, the 2016 tvN10 Awards, the 31st Golden Disc Awards and, more recently, the Booting Evaluations stage of the survival competition The Unit. The 32nd Golden Disc Awards will take place at KINTEX on January 10-11, 2018.
- "Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) (킨텍스)". Korea Tourism Organization.
- "Metropolitan Mice City Leading New Hallyu". BusinessKorea. June 24, 2016.
- "About KINTEX — History". kintex.com.
- Lee, Eun-ah (July 18, 2013). "Shinhwa Lee Minwoo, JunJin, Kim Seul-ki to Host Mnet's 20′s Choice Tonight". 10Asia (Korea Economic Daily). Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (18 July 2013). "Shinhwa's Lee Min Woo, Jun Jin, and Kim Seul Ki to Host 20's Choice Awards". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "'무한도전 엑스포' 관람료 단 돈 천원, '12/19부터 1/31까지'". Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). December 4, 2015.
- "JTBC Announces Dates And Details For 32nd Golden Disc Awards". Soompi. December 4, 2017.
- "Grammy Stars Make Beeline for Korea". The Chosun Ilbo. 12 October 2012. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- "god, 콘서트 찾는 팬들에 DVD 선물..'역대급 역조공'". The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). December 8, 2016.
- KINTEX official website (in English)(in Korean)