Korea Kent Foreign School
|Korea Kent Foreign School|
|18-11 Nang-dong, Kwangjin-gu, Seoul, Korea
Korea Kent Foreign School is a private school in Seoul, South Korea that was founded in 1994 to provide education to international students. More than 30 nationalities are represented in the student body, with the majority of students coming from the United States. Student enrollment is around three hundred in total from Kindergarten to High school.
The school is authorized by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Education. It is a member of East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools, and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
The school started as a high school only institution. Today, it has classes from kindergarten through to grade twelve. Now the school is located in Gwangjin-gu, in a very modern design.
All classes at Korea Kent Foreign School are taught in English. AP classes are offered. There is an English as a second language (ESL) program, which offers supplementary classes to support students who need help to improve their English.
The school has approximately one hundred students enrolled in each year level.
Korea Kent Foreign School was founded in 1993 for the explicit purpose of providing excellent education conducted in English for the foreign students residing in Korea. Korea Kent Foreign School is a private institution accredited by Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education (SMOE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
|Year||Month and Date||Note|
|1994||June 4||Founded as Milburn Christian School at 22, Hangang-ro 2ga, Yongsan-gu|
|September 1||Principal Mr. William Van Houten III inaugurated.|
|1999||September 27||Authorized by Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education as "a combination school"|
|2002||November 11||Moved to current location, 13, Jayang-ro 35-gil|
|2003||November 24||Accredited by Western Association of School and College (WASC)|
|2005-2006||-||Accepted by EARCOS as a member school|
|2010||November 8||Headmaster Ms. Judith E. Antippas appointed|
|2012||June 7||Principal Mr. William Van Houten III retired|
|August 1||Mr. Edward W. Zrudlo inaugurated as current principal|
- Lee Gi-kwang - singer
- Ahyoomee - solo singer (member of disbanded Korean girl group Sugar), actress
- Amber Liu - singer (member of Korean girl group f(x))
- Andy Lee - singer (member of Korean boy band Shinhwa)
- BoA - solo singer
- Eugene - singer (member of Korean girl group S.E.S.), actress
- Eun Ji Won - singer (leader and member of Korean boy group Sechs Kies)
- Isak - DJ, singer (member of disbanded Korean girl group Isak N Jiyeon)
- Jessi - rapper (member of Lucky J)
- Jessica Jung - singer (former member of Korean girl group Girls' Generation), fashion designer, actress, model
- Krystal Jung - singer (member of Korean girl group f(x)), actress
- Shoo - singer (member of Korean girl group S.E.S.), actress
- Sorn - singer (member of Korean girl group CLC)
- Stephanie - singer (member of Korean girl group The Grace)
- Tiffany Hwang - singer (member of Korean girl group Girls' Generation)
- "Korea Kent Foreign School - Korea". internationalschoolsreview.com. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Korea Kent Foreign school - International School Informatio". Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Korea Kent Foreign School". seoulhelp.com. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Korea Kent Foreign School". acerent.net. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Admin, KKFS (March 13, 2016). "About KKFS > History". History of KKFS. KKFS. Retrieved March 13, 2016.