Korea Maritime and Ocean University
Pursue the truth, develop the culture, discipline oneself
|Established||November 5, 1945|
|President||Park Han Il|
|Postgraduates||Source not available|
|Location||Yeongdo-gu, Busan, South Korea|
|Korea Maritime and Ocean University|
|Revised Romanization||Hanguk Haeyang Daehakgyo|
|McCune–Reischauer||Han'guk Haeyang Taehakkyo|
The university was established in November 1945 after Korea had been liberated from Japanese occupation (World war II). Chinhae High Seamans School, a maritime institution with a majority of Korean students until the liberation of Korea, was re-established with Korean faculty and students under the leadership of Lee Si-hyung. The school became a national university immediately after its foundation, and was renamed Chinhae High Merchant Seamans School (진해고등상선학교).
In 1992, the college became a university with a graduate school, and was given its current name.
The university is one of the earliest and prestigious national post-secondary educational institutions in South Korea, and the only post-secondary institution that specializes in maritime sciences and engineering.
The university name was changed from "Korea Maritime University" to "Korea Maritime and Ocean University" on September 1, 2013.
- Maritime Sciences
- Maritime Transportation Science - Marine System Engineering - Navigation Science - Marine Engineering - Coast Guard Studies - Offshore Plant Management - Marine Information Technology - Global Maritime Studies
- Ocean Science and Technology
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Systems Engineering - Ocean Engineering - Energy Resources Engineering - Architecture Ocean Space - Ocean Science - Ocean Science - Marine Bio-science - Ocean Physical Education
- Mechanical Engineering Logistics - Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Information Technology - Control and Automation Engineering - Radio Communication Engineering - Data Information - Environmental engineering - Civil Engineering
- International Studies
- Shipping Management - Maritime Law - International Trade and Economics - International Commerce - Maritime Administration - English Language and Literature - East Asian Studies - European Studies
Korean Language Course
- 10 Weeks Course, 4 Semester a Year - Korean Vocabulary and Grammar, Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing.
General Graduate Schools
- Engineering (18 departments)
- Natural Science (2 departments)
- Humanities and Social Studies (8 departments)
Professional Graduate Schools
- Graduate School of Maritime Industry Studies
- Ocean Science and Technology School
- Graduate School of Education
- List of Korea-related topics
- List of colleges and universities in South Korea
- Education in South Korea
|This article about a South Korean institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|