World Trade Center Seoul
|World Trade Center Seoul|
World Trade Center Seoul. L to R: (above) the ASEM Tower, the Trade Tower, and the COEX InterContinental Seoul
|Revised Romanization||Hanguk Jonghammu-yeok Senteo|
|McCune–Reischauer||Hankuk Chonghammu-yŏk Sent'ŏ|
World Trade Center Seoul (WTC Seoul) (Hangul: 한국종합무역센터; hanja: 韓國世界貿易中心), commonly known as the COEX, is a building complex centered on the COEX Convention & Exhibition Center on Teheranno in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu district of Seoul. It contains the ASEM Tower, the Trade Tower, and the COEX InterContinental Seoul. The 54-story building Trade Tower was built in 1988 with a height of 228 meters (748 feet), and is one of the tallest buildings in South Korea.
- COEX Convention & Exhibition Center
- Trade Tower
- COEX Mall - underground shopping center and Kimchi Field Museum
- COEX Aquarium
- ASEM Tower
- COEX Artium - opened in April 2009, it is a theatre dedicated to musicals
- COEX InterContinental hotel
- Convention Annex
- Oakwood Premier COEX Center - a luxury serviced residence
- City Airport Tower
- Korea City Air Terminal
- Grand InterContinental Hotel
- Hyundai Department Store
In popular culture
- The interior of the penthouse of the Oakwood Premier COEX Center was used as a filming location for the Paris home, in the first three episode, of male lead, Han Ki-joo played by Park Shin-yang, in Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS)'s drama Lovers in Paris.
- One scene of PSY's Gangnam Style music video was filmed on the top of ASEM Tower with the Trade Tower for its background.
- Legally Blonde, The Musical: 16 November 2012 to 17 March 2013, CoexArtium, starring Jung Eun-ji of A Pink.
- The Trade Center is featured in the "Induction" trailer of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
The 836-meter (914-yard) section of sidewalk along Yeongdong Boulevard from exit No.5 of Samseong Station on Seoul Subway Line 2, outside Convention & Exhibition Center and ASEM Tower is designated as a smoke-free zone by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
- Kang, Michelle (25 May 2012). "Kimchi, liquor on display at unique museums". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Musical Annex to COEX Opens". Chosun Ilbo. 30 April 2009. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Oakwood offers luxurious living". Joongang Daily. 29 November 2011. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Korean TV Drama: Lovers in Paris". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- Sunwoo, Carla (26 September 2012). "Jung Eun-ji cast in Legally Blonde". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- Kwon, Sang-soo (12 September 2012). "City designates area by COEX as smoke-free". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to COEX Seoul.|