Korg Legacy Collection
The Legacy Collection is a collection of VST instruments from Korg and was released in 2004. It consists of the Korg MS-20, Korg Polysix, Korg Wavestation, ARP Odyssey (under the later released Korg collection), Korg Mono/Poly, Korg M1 and Korg MDE-X Multi FX processor. They use Korg's proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology) to emulate the original hardware. The Legacy collection is compatible with ASIO RTAS VST and stand alone so it can be used without a DAW. It is compatible with both the PC and Mac and the software was originally supplied on CD-ROM but can now be downloaded via Korg's online store.
The original was only 6-voice polyphonic, but is now up to 32 voices. The LFO and Arpeggiator can be synchronized to MIDI clock.
The original had a 32 kHz sample rate and the new plug-in supports 44.1 through 96 kHz and 550 presets.
Korg have added eight powerful virtual patches for near infinite modulation routing and up to 128 voices.
On December 22, 2017 Korg renamed from KORG Legacy Collection series to KORG Collection which now includes:
Faithfully reproducing the sounds and parameters based on its original circuitry from its physical state.
- "Korg Legacy Collection | Vintage Synth Explorer". www.vintagesynth.com. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "KORG LEGACY COLLECTION ANALOG & DIGITAL EDITION 2007". www.audiotechnology.com.au. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "Korg Legacy Collection (Part 1)". www.soundonsound.com. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "Korg Legacy Collection of Virtual Instruments/Effects Plug-Ins". Mixonline. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "KORG LEGACY COLLECTION DIGITAL EDITION". EMusician. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "Korg Legacy Collection Digital Edition review". MusicRadar. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "KORG updates Legacy Collection of software synthesisers". Mixdown. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "Korg Odyssey ARP review". MusicRadar. Retrieved 2018-09-03.