|No. 11 – Rosa Radom|
|League||Polish Basketball League|
January 5, 1989 |
|Listed height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Listed weight||187 lb (85 kg)|
|High school||Rufus King (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
Pius XI (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
|College||Michigan State (2008–2011)
Iowa State (2012–2013)
|NBA draft||2013 / Undrafted|
Korian "Korie" Lucious (born November 5, 1989) is an American basketball player for Rosa Radom of the Polish Basketball League He played college basketball for the Iowa State University Cyclones men's basketball team. Upon transferring from the Michigan State University Spartans men's basketball team in 2011, he redshirted the 2011–12 season and began playing for the Cyclones in 2012–13.
On March 30, 2004, the 14-year-old Lucious was featured and described as a phenom in the sports section of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. After playing two years at perennial basketball powerhouse Rufus King High School, Lucious made a highly publicized transfer to the private Pius XI High School.
As a sophomore during the 2009-10 season for Michigan State, Lucious saw his playing time more than double as he averaged 22.9 minutes per game, up from 9.1 as a freshman. He averaged 5.6 points, 3.3 assists, and 1.7 rebounds per game during his sophomore campaign. He hit a buzzer-beating three against the University of Maryland in the second round of 2010 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament to give the Spartans an 85-83 win over the Terrapins. The 5th-seeded Spartans eventually made it all the way to the Final Four, falling to Butler.
In January 2011, Lucious was suspended from the Michigan State program for the remainder of the 2010–11 season for "conduct detrimental to the team." "I didn't live up to the standards of the program," Lucious said in the statement. "Unfortunately, I let my teammates, my coaches, and myself down, and wish them the best for the rest of the season."
In August 2013, Lucious announced he has signed with Polish team Rosa Radom.
- "2007 USA Basketball Men's Youth Players" (PDF). USA Basketball. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- "Player Bio: Korie Lucious". Michigan State University. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- Former Michigan State guard Korie Lucious transferring to Iowa State - ESPN
- "Teen Sensation". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- "High School Musical". Sports Illustrated. 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- "Korie Lucious' buzzer-beater sinks Maryland as Michigan State advances in NCAA Tournament". Daily News (New York). 2010-03-21.
- Korie Lucious suspended from Michigan State Spartans for conduct detrimental to team - ESPN
- Former Cyclone Korie Lucious To Play In Poland