|• Mayor||Ratan Akhmedov|
|• Total||26.85 km2 (10.37 sq mi)|
(January 1, 2015)
Koryukivka (Ukrainian: Корюківка, Ukrainian pronunciation: [koˈrʲukʲiwka], Russian: Корюковка) is a city in Chernihiv Oblast (province) of Ukraine. It was founded in 1657, over 350 years ago. It is the administrative center of Koriukivka Raion. Population: 12,999 (2015 est.)
During the reign of the Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky in 1657, who was in search of free land for the nobility class and the settlers from the Right-Bank of Ukraine. A search headed by the Cossack Omel'yanov Karukoyu found the eventual site and deemed it fit for a small settlement due to the thick protection of the surrounding forests.
The city later suffered heavy losses during the Second World War and is a site of the World War II massacre. Koryukivka was almost totally burned, the population that lived there was destroyed with the Germans killing around 6,700 people and burning 1,290 homes. The destruction of Koryukivka together with its inhabitants is the largest single "reprisal raid" war crime of the Nazi occupation during World War II.
1. The city's coat of arms. Koryukivka's heraldic shield features a golden field with an oak barrel, as well as red and green foliage in which three silver maces cross with a star-shaped handle. The crest is presented in decorative cartouches in the form of paper certificates with wrapped edges, decorated with oak leaves, with the date "1657," and the name "Koryukivka." The top of the shield indicates the status of the city.
2. The use of the emblem. Koryukivka in decorative cartouches in the Ukrainian Baroque style, developed and recommended Ukrainian heraldic society in order to unify design and municipal emblems attached to their national flavor.
3. Coat the city. Koryukivka can be located on architectural structures and festive decoration used in the manufacture of printed and promotional products, depicted on the forms of official papers of the city authorities, enterprises, institutions and organizations.
4. Explanation of the Koryukivka's emblem:
The oak emblem of Koryukivka echoes the same name community. Koryuka - the name of the first settler-founder. And the word "koryuka" is associated with bark, roots. Therefore, the image korchystoho branched roots of oak stands for the Koryuku Cossack, who founded the settlement, settled and "setting the roots" at this location. This symbol is also associated with Koryukovka forest - precious forest of oak trees older than 100 years, and finally with Koryukovka oak - botanical nature monument older than 200 years. In addition, the symbol tree displays the following features of the city economy as traditional paper and furniture production. Red stem Koryukovka recalls the tragedy and heroism and martyrdom symbolizes koryukivchan during the war.
Picture of three maces on the arms Koryukivka connects the community with the Cossack era in the history of Ukraine, because it is at these times falls the founding Koryukivka. In addition, the unique highlights the fact that Koryukivka at different times been ranked the settlement of three Ukrainian hetman, each of which - Samoilovych, Mazeppa and Polubotok - outstanding figures of Ukrainian history.
Golden Shield color - a symbol of glory and wealth that represents the glorious pages of history Koryukivka and hope for greatness and prosperity in the future.
Cartouche (frame) shield is designed as a paper wrapped edges of ratification, which represents the major industries the city - the paper industry. 1657 – which is the date of the first mention of the settlement Koryukivka.
The Silver crown - symbolizes the city Koryukivka status. Symbolism of the oak and the hetman mace in the arms Koryukivka
Oak - in many European nations, particularly the Slavs - a symbol of strength, power, strength, courage, durability, longevity and valor. Oak from ancient times was a sacred tree of the eastern Slavs - forest king and symbol of the god of thunder and lightning Perun .
Oak acted as a world tree: it symbolized the axle, which combines the world of living things and dead ancestors, marking the center of the universe.
Oak symbolically associated with fire and lightning. The ancients believed that the great god of heaven, whose voice they heard the echo of thunder, storm clouds descended on the ground on its oak in the form of lightning, leaving the memory of his appearance split, charred trunk and burned leaves. The place where vluchala lightning was considered sacred. That caused a greater respect oak for its strength and vitality when restarted after the green.
Oak groves were the place of ceremonies, important rites (of sacrifice, court vows), they staged a ritual celebration. Oak stick as a weapon thunder power symbolized strength, rigor and fairness. The wreath of oak leaves expressed the idea of strength, power and dignity. In the legends and tales of the ancient Slavs oak is often a sacred place, which are associated with human fate and around which there are decisive for Heroes event. Oak revered as a symbol of fertility; oakling preserved the custom to plant at birth.
In the Christian tradition oak - a symbol of pride and arrogance; Saul sat under an oak, under an oak Jacob dug strange gods in an oak Absalom met his death. The Christians oak - is also the emblem of Christ as a force that manifests itself in trouble, firmness in faith and charity. By some accounts the Christian tradition of crucifixion cross was made of oak.
Details of the Koryukivka city flag:
1. Square panel consisting of two vertical bands of red shaft width of 1/3 of the flag which three silver maces in scarf business, one above another, handle down. With the free edge of the yellow strip on which oak barrel with red and green foliage.
2. Where the flag can be found: - At home, where the city council hold session, the session hall for the entire period of meetings; - In the homes of the city council, city executive committee - permanently. 3. The flag of the city can be flown on the houses of local authorities and executive authorities, institutions, organizations and companies in the city. Koryukivka days in state and local holidays, when receiving official delegations in sports. Flag meters. Koryukivka can be used in the manufacture of printed and promotional products Koryukovka permission from the city council.
4. The flag of the city while being raised shall not be higher than the state flag of Ukraine.
5. An explanation of the symbolism in the Koryukivka flag:
Koryukivka contains the same characters as the emblem of the city. Yellow cloth symbolizes the glorious pages of history Koryukivka and hope for greatness and prosperity in the future. Red is a tribute to the victims of the tragedy and heroism Koryukovka koryukivchan during World War II.
The flag has a square shape, since it is a form of Ukrainian Heraldry Society recommended as the oldest and most traditional cities to Ukraine. In addition, the square shape of the flag is more appropriate for the following reasons - it clearly distinguishes the flag of the city from the other flags (national, regional, corporate, political, etc.) and easier to use because it can be mounted both vertically and horizontally on a flagpole, which is why all the elements of the flag are clearly visible.
The Oak tree is prominent in the flag and carries the same meanings as it does in the crest.
Geography and Climate
Koryukivka City is the center of the Koryukovka district within the Chernihiv region, located 100 km from the regional center Chernhiv city. - in the northern territory. The city is also located at the intersection of highways of regional and local importance, in which there is a bus connection to the regional center and the neighboring district center: Snovsk, Mena, Semenivka and to other settlements in the area. The Koryukovka area has five public roads of local significance, all of which are paved (T - 25 – 12; T - 25 – 19; T - 25 – 32; T - 25 – 34 and T - 25 - 36).
The city rests on the river Brech (a tributary of the Cnov River " річки Снов"). The local climate is moderate, with adequate moisture. The average annual rainfall is 614 mm, including the warm period - 439 mm. The average annual temperature - 6,1C. The absolute maximum temperature is 37C, but at least – 35C.
Modern Koryukivka is one of the most promising cities within the Chernihiv region. There are a number of companies, the largest two of which is the corporation "Koryukivka factory of Technical Papers" (built on the sugar-refinery site burned during the Great Patriotic War or World War II) and the state enterprise "Koryukivka Forestry" production.
The city also has many successful and developing small businesses. With a registered list of small businesses 73 entrepreneurial activities involving 639 individuals. The city has 100 commercial enterprises, of which 26 are Consumer Cooperatives.
Many investors find Koryukivka an attractive site due to the presence of large tracts of forests, silica sand, clay and peat.
Historically the city has had great and old industrial traditions. In the mid-nineteenth century the foreign entrepreneur Karl Rauch founded a distillery and sugar factory. In 1871, the Koryukivka sugar factory employed 600 people. The plant produced a season of sugar worth more than 5.5 mln. Rubles. And in 1901 manufacturer LI Brodsky expanded the sugar-refinery, employing about 1,000 workers. In 1882 the Koryukivka sugar production was awarded the gold medal from the All-Russia Exhibition in Moscow, and after 18 years they received the highest award of the World Exhibition in Paris.
Below is a list of the city's largest employers, what they manufacture, their address and the approximate of staff they employ:
1. PAT "Slavic Wall - KFTP" Address: St. Peredzavodska, d. 4 m. Sale Goods: Wallpaper Number of employees as of 01.01.2014: 821
2. SE "Koryukovka forestry" Address: St. Industrial, 24 m. Sale Goods: Timber Number of employees as of 01.01.2014: 326
3. RKSLP "Koryukivkalis" Address: St. Dudka, 46 m. Sale Goods: Timber Number of employees as of 01.01.2014: 144
4. Ltd. "Vanessa" Address: St. Dudka, 17 m. Sale Goods: Timber Number of employees as of 01.01.2014: 79
5. VSK. Gorkovo Address: St. Mira, 89, m. Koryukivka Sale Goods: Food
Livestock (as of 01/01/2016): Cattle - 663 goal; cows - 220 goal; nadoyeno milk - 1075 t; grown meat - 70 tons.
Crop (as of 01/01/2016): grain production: 1792 tons yield - 22.0 c / ha; including winter crop 935 tons, yield - 21.0 c / ha. Lands in use - 1390 hectares of farmland, including: arable land - 865 hectares; meadows - 247 hectares; pastures - 278 ha.
Parks and Recreation
Koryukovka has a gymnasium, two secondary schools of the third degree, two secondary schools with which there are 1850 pupils, an arts school, a sports school and two kindergartens with over 400 children.
The district newspaper is called "Mayak" and there is a small radio-station that operates district-wide.
The City planning structure is complicated with what is locally called a "multibeam-form" with similar districts spread around the various connecting roads. The area is built up unevenly, with most of the density in the city center. Here, in addition to a quarter of the low- and multi-building, many service centers, schools, administrative, cultural, educational and medical facilities are located here as well. In the apartment buildings near the center there has developed an addition set of daily service institutions (preschool, school, shopping, etc.).
In terms of the engineering arrangements within Koryukivka, many districts are significantly different. Thus in the downtown area and the two-story building area north of the center, many buildings are equipped with all kinds of different engineering accomplishments, however in the western and eastern parts of the city many areas are not completely covered by the water supply system.
The city has a central district hospital with 220 beds, a pharmacy, two cultural centers with 800 seats, two libraries, a historical museum, and a stadium named "Avangard".
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Victims of the Koriukivka Massacre Remembered on the 70th Anniversary of the Tragedy". Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "Tarptautinis Bendradarbiavimas". Archived from the original on 4 May 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.