This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Products||Direct to garment printers|
|Revenue||US$ 179.9 million (2019)|
|US$ 5.8 million (2019)|
|US$ 19.6 million (2019)|
Number of employees
Kornit Digital is an Israeli-American international manufacturing company. It produces high-speed industrial inkjet printers, and pigmented ink and chemical products for the garment and apparel, home goods, and textile accessories decorating industry. Kornit Digital has offices in Israel, Hong Kong, China, Germany and the USA. Ofer Ben Zur was Kornit CEO from its founding in 2002 until 2014, when he was succeeded by Gabi Seligsohn; Ben Zur remained as Chief Technology Officer. Ronen Samuel, formerly of HP Indigo, succeeded Seligsohn as CEO in June of 2018.
The company was founded in 2002 by a team that previously worked in the digital printing field, at companies such as Scitex and Hewlett-Packard. The company uses the same technology used in digital printing and has applied it to digital textile printing, which has developed more slowly than the field of digital printing.
In 2015 Kornit Digital went public.
In August 2020, Kornit Digital announced the acquisition of UK-based global software firm Custom Gateway.
Products and technologies
Kornit Digital sells direct-to-garment printers of different varieties. Its printers include RIP software customized to each machine.
Kornit's machines use a pre-treatment wetting process that is integrated into the printer, which it calls The PreT System. This enables printing on the garment without manual pre-treatment, by applying a fixation agent automatically on press, immediately prior to the print process. This process makes wet-on-wet printing possible.
The company also provides a process that enables printing on dark garments. This process includes coating finished garments with a white coat of ink created from patented inks formed from CMYK. Kornit's ink plant in Kiryat Gat produces CMYK and white ink for its customers. Kornit systems with a "Hexa" or "HD6" designation supplement CMYK with primary red and green inks for increased color gamut.
Kornit markets its systems as a sustainable alternative to screen printing, dye sublimation, reactive dyes, and other textile print methods; the company's inks have received Oeko-Tex approval in the industry.
Key systems debuted:
- 2004: Kornit Storm
- 2005: Kornit Avalanche
- 2012: Konit Allegro
- 2014: Kornit Avalanche 1000
- 2014: Kornit Avalanche Hexa
- 2017: Kornit Avalanche R-Series (introduced recirculating print heads)
- 2017: Kornit Vulcan
- 2018: Kornit Avalanche HD6/HDK
- 2018: Kornit Storm HD6
- 2019: Kornit Atlas
- 2019: Kornit Presto
In 2019 Kornit released Avalanche Poly Pro, the first digital direct-to-garment print system developed specifically for polyester and poly-blend fabrics, as well as the Presto, a successor to Allegro for the roll-to-roll direct-to-fabric print market. Avalanche Poly Pro was later named "Best Direct-to-Garment Print System" by the European Digital Press Association.
Headquarters and branches
- "Kornit Digital America Inc".
- Print Week. http://www.printweek.com/news/990391/Kornit-Digital-moves-Europe/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH Archived 29 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Impressions Magazine. http://www.impressionsmag.com/impressions/industry-news/Kornit-Digital-Readi-814.shtml Archived 31 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Kornit Digital Appoints Gabi Seligsohn its CEO". BigPicture.net. 3 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- Ofer Ben-Zur, Founder at Kornit Digital Ltd. - Relationship Science
- "Kornit Digital Ltd. Ordinary Shares (KRNT)". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- Central, A. S. I. (5 October 2018). "Kornit Digital Opens North American Headquarters". www.asicentral.com. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Kornit Digital buys UK co Custom Gateway". en.globes.co.il (in Hebrew). 12 August 2020. Retrieved 14 August 2020.
- Israel High-Tech and Investment Report http://ishitech.co.il/0407ar8.htm
- Business Week. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=33277502
- "Method for image printing on a dark textile piece" (PDF).
- Printwear Magazine. http://printwearmag.com/article/state-industry-report
- "Kornit Storm HEXA | Wide Color Gamut Textile DTG Printer". Kornit Digital. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- Terry, Debbie (31 July 2018). "Kornit Avalanche HD6". Adelco Screen Process Ltd. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- Indian Textile Journal. http://www.indiantextilejournal.com/corporate/CUdetails.asp?id=894
- "Kornit unveils Avalanche Poly Pro Industrial Polyester Printer". Graphic Arts Magazine. 5 April 2019. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Kornit Digital Launches Kornit Presto". Covering the Printing Inks, Coatings and Allied Industries - Ink World. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Kornit's Avalanche Poly Pro Wins EDP Award for DTG". Wide-format Impressions. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "LinkedIn Company Profile: Kornit Digital". LinkedIn.
- "Kornit appoints new Asia-Pacific president". Print 21. 30 October 2020. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Kornit Digital Düsseldorf Office". Glassdoor. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- Ltd, Kornit Digital (14 May 2019). "Industry veteran Chris Govier joins Kornit Digital as Managing Director, Europe". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Chuck Meyo, Kornit Digital Ltd: Profile and Biography". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 4 August 2020.