Carinthia Statistical Region
|Carinthia Statistical Region
Koroška statistična regija
|Largest city||Slovenj Gradec|
|• Total||1,041 km2 (402 sq mi)|
|• Density||71/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|• Registered unemployed||3768|
|• College/university students||4054|
|• Regional GDP:||EUR
(EUR 9,723 per capita)
It includes parts of the traditional regions of Slovenian Carinthia and Lower Styria. It has a total area of 1,041 square kilometres (402 sq mi). The region has Slovenia's highest proportion of employment in industry due to the various manufacturing plants, mining, and quarrying developed in the region. The greatest natural asset of the region is its forests. Its largest town is Slovenj Gradec.
The Carinthia Statistical Region comprises the following 12 municipalities:
The population in 2004 was 73,839.
Employment structure: 40.4% services, 53.7% industry, 5.9% agriculture.
The region attracts only 0.6% of the total number of tourists in Slovenia, most being from Slovenia (67.2%).
- Length of motorways: - km
- Length of other roads: 1,059 km
- "Largest settlements (by population) in statistical regions". Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- Andrej Gulič Regional spatial plan of the Koroška statistical region 2006
- Reinhard Henkel South Eastern European countries on their way to Europe 2006 Page 201 "The changes that occurred in several settlements after 1995 were also taken into account in our research. 5 The Koroska region Koroska belongs to smaller statistical regions in Slovenia both in respect of its extent (covering 5.1 % of the entire ..."