View of the Koropets Palace, built in the beginning of the 19th century.
|• Town Head||Hanna Kuilovska|
|• Total||8.61 km2 (3.32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||201 m (659 ft)|
|• Density||440/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code||+380 3555|
Koropets (Ukrainian: Коропець; Polish: Koropiec) is an urban-type settlement in the Monastyryska Raion (district) of Ternopil Oblast (province) in western Ukraine. Its population is 3,752 as of the 2001 Ukrainian Census. Koropets was first founded in 1421, and it acquired the status of an urban-type settlement in 1984.
People from Koropets
- "Koropets (Ternopil Oblast, Monastyryska Raion)". weather.in.ua (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Koropets, Ternopil Oblast, Monastyryska Raion". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Koropets". Castles and Churches of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- "Bohdan D. Hawrylyshyn". “BOHDAN HAWRYLYSHYN” CHARITABLE FOUNDATION. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- "Koropets welcomes its guests". Koropets.in.ua (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 25 January 2012.
|This article about a location in Ternopil Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|