|Founded||28 March 2001|
|Political alignment||Unaffiliated center left|
Korrieri (English: Courier) was an Albanian language daily newspaper.
History and profile
Established on 28 March 2001 as a berliner type publication, Korrieri was for a period (April 2007 - January 2009) on the front line of transforming the Albanian journalism into a more market-driven activity exhibiting a British tabloid style newspaper which offered a vast range of articles of popular interest. Its style at the time was aggressive and direct and it very often published issues other publications will not touch. It had a high reputation among young generation, but also it was highly respectable and strongly influential into the political levels. In March 2006, the student newspaper Reporteri became its fortnightly supplement on Saturdays. Elton Metaj served as the editor-in-chief of Korrieri which has no political affiliation and a center left political leaning.
In January 2009 the direction board of the paper decided a return to the mainstream journalism, causing the interruption of all ongoing projects of transformation and returning Korrieri into a middle-low level newspaper as it was before its short golden period.
In 2009 the new administration of Korrieri announced its bankruptcy and shutdown.
Korrieri had a circulation of 8,000 copies in 2002.
- Albania: The Cost of Speech: Violations of Media Freedom in Albania. Human Rights Watch. 2002. p. 53. GGKEY:RZ990YQTNZE. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Albanian newspapers and magazines". PECOP. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Suela Shala; Felipe Daza (13 June 2006). "Tirana student newspaper goes nationwide with support from OSCE Presence in Albania". OSCE. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Albania" (PDF). Human Rights Watch. 14 (5). June 2002. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Ilda Londo. "Albania" (PDF). Institute Media. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Media Landscape of South East Europe 2002 (PDF). Sofia: ACCESS-Sofia Foundation. 2003. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Sami Nezaj (2013). "Ownership, crucial cause for the crisis of newspapers in Albania" (PDF). Thesis (1). Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Official Website (in Albanian)