Korsør is a Danish town and port. It is out on the Great Belt, on the Zealand side, just south of where the Great Belt Bridge lands. It was the site of the municipal council of Korsør municipality - today it is part of Slagelse municipality. It has a population of 14,392 (1 January 2015).
Formerly the main ferry port from Zealand to Funen, the town of Korsør is divided into two halves by the Korsør Nor inlet, with the northern part named Halskov. Most of the historical southern part of Korsør (Korsør proper) is low-lying and prone to flooding.
The Korsør Biograf Teater, which opened in August 1908, is the world's oldest movie theater still operating, but L'Idéal Cinéma Jacques Tati at Aniche in France a Movie Theater was opened on 26 January 1902 and the first cinematographic performance took place on 23 November 1905.
- Hedevig Johanne Bagger (1740–1822) a Danish inn-keeper and postmaster
- Jens Baggesen (1764–1826) a major Danish poet, librettist, critic and comic writer
- Aksel Mikkelsen (1849 in Hjørring – 1929 in Korsør) a Danish educator  who introduced the Swedish system of sloyd schools into Denmark
- Aage Giødesen (1863–1939) a Danish painter of landscapes, portraits and marine subjects
- Aage Friis (1870–1949) a Danish historian and university lecturer
- Hans A. Hansen (1877–1949) emigrated to the US in 1899, an American sailor serving in the United States Navy during Boxer Rebellion who received the Medal of Honor for bravery
- Urban Gad (1879–1947) a Danish film director and nephew of Paul Gauguin
- Horace Parlan (1931 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – 2017 in Korsør) an American hard bop and post-bop pianist and composer
- Pia Juul (born 1962) a Danish poet, prose writer and translator
- Brian Nielsen (born 1965) a Danish former professional boxer who held the IBO heavyweight title
- Paul Cunningham (born 1969) an English chef, lives in Korsør
- Morten Storm (born 1976) a Danish former agent of the Danish Security and Intelligence Service (PET) who operated in Islamic militant circles
- Line Kruuse (born 1982) a beauty queen who represented Denmark in Miss World 2007
- Jim Larsen (born 1985) a retired Danish football player
- Casper Henningsen (born 1985) a Danish professional football player, who plays at Brønshøj Boldklub
- "BEF44: Population 1st January, by urban areas" database from Statistics Denmark
- dr.dk - in Danish
- Roger Consil ; conférencier de la société d'histoire locale ;LA FOLLE HISTOIRE DU CINÉMATOGRAPHE ;22 mai 2008 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 July 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- The Encyclopedia Americana, Mikkelsen, Aksel retrieved 28 April 2018
|Wikisource has the text of the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article Korsör.|
- Slagelse municipality website (In Danish)
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|