Koshigaya Station east entrance in September 2012
|Location||4-11 Yayoichō, Koshigaya-shi, Saitama-ken 343-0816|
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Skytree Line|
|Distance||24.4 from Asakusa|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Opened||17 April 1920|
|Passengers (FY2014)||48,128 daily|
The station is served by the Tobu Skytree Line, and is 24.4 kilometers from the terminus of the line at Asakusa Station in Tokyo. Through services also operate to and from Naka-Meguro via the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line and Shibuya via the Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line.
The station has two elevated island platforms with two tracks each, one for all-stations "Local" services and one for express/rapid services. The station building is located underneath the platforms. There are two additional tracks for non-stopping trains to pass this station.
|1||■ Tobu Skytree Line||for Kita-Senju, Tokyo Skytree, and Asakusa|
Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line for Shibuya
Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line for Chuo-Rinkan
|2||■ Tobu Skytree Line||for Kita-Senju, Tokyo Skytree, and Asakusa|
Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line for Ueno and Naka-Meguro
|3||■ Tobu Skytree Line||for Kita-Koshigaya, Kasukabe, and Tōbu-Dōbutsu-Kōen|
Tobu Nikko Line for Minami-Kurihashi
|4||■ Tobu Skytree Line||for Kasukabe and Tōbu-Dōbutsu-Kōen|
Tobu Isesaki Line for Kuki
Tobu Nikko Line for Minami-Kurihashi
Platforms 2 and 3 are used by all-stations "Local" services".
|Tobu Skytree Line (TS-21)|
|Limited Express Spacia: Does not stop at this station|
|Limited Express Ryōmō: Does not stop at this station|
|Limited Express Revaty: Does not stop at this station|
|Limited Express Shimotsuke: Does not stop at this station|
|Limited Express Skytree Liner: Does not stop at this station|
|Limited Express Urban Park Liner: Does not stop at this station|
|Shin-Koshigaya (TS-20)||Express||Sengendai (TS-24)|
|Shin-Koshigaya (TS-20)||Section Express||Sengendai (TS-24)|
|Shin-Koshigaya (TS-20)||Semi-Express||Kita-Koshigaya (TS-22)|
|Shin-Koshigaya (TS-20)||Section Semi-Express||Kita-Koshigaya (TS-22)|
|Shin-Koshigaya (TS-20)||Local||Kita-Koshigaya (TS-22)|
Koshigaya Station opened on 17 April 1920, with the name originally written as "越ヶ谷駅". The kanji characters for the station name were changed to "越谷駅" (with the pronunciation unchanged) on 1 December 1956. The station was rebuilt with elevated platforms in 1997.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on all Tobu lines, with Koshigaya Station becoming "TS-21".
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 48,128 passengers daily.
- Koshigaya City Office
- Koshigaya City Library
- Koshigaya Municipal Hospital
- Saitama Prefectural Koshigaya High School
- Saitama Prefectural Koshigaya Higashi High School
- Koshigaya Sogo Gijutsu High School
- Koshigaya Elementary School
- Kawashima, Ryozo (January 2010). 日本の鉄道 東海道ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１２巻 東京北東部・埼玉南東部 [Railways of Japan - Tokaido Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 12 North-east Tokyo and South-east Saitama] (in Japanese). Japan: Kodansha. p. 68. ISBN 978-4-06-270022-1.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways] (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 222. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Archived from the original on 6 August 2016. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Koshigaya Station.|
- Tobu Station information (in Japanese)