Thai's reaction to the 2008 Kosovo declaration of independence
In February 2008, Thailand was awaiting the decision of the UNSC.
In March 2012, Thai deputy prime minister, Yuthasak Sasiprapha, said that he was following the developments in the Balkans and Kosovo and that steps will be taken to facilitate travel by Kosovo's citizens in Thailand. In a 12 March 2012 interview after his visit to Bangkok, Albanian deputy prime minister and Foreign Minister, Edmond Haxhinasto, said that Thai authorities have made the first steps toward the recognition of Kosovo. In a 5 May 2012 meeting between the Foreign Ministers of Thailand and Kosovo, Surapong Tovichakchaikul and Enver Hoxhaj, Mr. Surapong said that recognition of Kosovo would be seriously considered by his country, and that there would soon be positive news for Kosovo. He added that Kosovo's independence has contributed to peace and security in the region and Europe. On 6 May 2012, Thai Deputy Foreign Minister, Jullapong Nonsrichai told Hoxhaj that very soon the two countries would enter into diplomatic relations. In a November 2012 meeting with Hoxhaj, Mr. Jullapong said that his government has a positive position on the recognition of Kosovo and that he personally has knowledge that the recognition is on its way and is interested in collaboration between the two countries.
Thailand recognised the Republic of Kosovo as indipendente state on 24 September 2013.
On 22 November 2013, Yingluck Shinawatra, Thai Prime Minister, signed the announcement on the establishment of diplomatic Rrlations between the Kingdom of Thailand and the Republic of Kosovo. Both countries agreed to establish diplomatic relations as of 22 November 2013.
- Prime Minister Thaçi officially receives Thailand recognition of Kosovo in a meeting with Thailand Deputy Prime Minister Dr. Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Prime Minister of Kosovo, 2013-09-26
- การรับรองโคโซโวโดยการสถาปนาความสัมพันธ์ทางการทูตกับโคโซโว, ข่าวออนไลน์ RYT9, 2013-09-25 (in Thai)
- Bangkok will ratify Asean charter in June, Bangkok Post, 2008-02-18[dead link]
- Haxhinasto in Bangkok: Multilateral cooperation Albania – Thailand, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Albania, 2012-03-09
- Azia po lëvizë, Gazeta Express, 2012-03-12 (in Albanian)
- Minister Hoxhaj submits an official request for recognition to the Thai authorities, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kosovo, 2012-05-05
- Kosovo and Thailand will strengthen cooperation in all fields, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kosovo, 2012-05-06
- Ministri Hoxhaj kërkon njohjen e Kosovës nga Tailanda dhe Filipinet, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kosovo, 2012-11-18 (in Albanian)
- "Kosova bëhet me ambasada në Emiratet e Bashkuara Arabe, Senegal dhe Tajlandë - lajme.infosite.al". lajme.infosite.al (in Albanian). Retrieved 2017-03-20.