Kossoff Kirke Tetsu Rabbit
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Kossoff Kirke Tetsu Rabbit|
|Studio album by Kossoff/Kirke/Tetsu/Rabbit|
|Producer||Kossoff, Kirke, Tetsu & Rabbit|
Kossoff Kirke Tetsu Rabbit is a 1972 rock album made by guitarist Paul Kossoff, drummer Simon Kirke, bassist Tetsu Yamauchi and keyboard player John "Rabbit" Bundrick. Recorded after Free disbanded, drummer Kirke elected to remain with guitar player Paul Kossoff forming a quartet with Bundrick and Yamauchi in 1971. Kirke has noted that although initially Kossoff appeared in good spirits and was engaged in making the album he increasingly indulged in drugs often falling asleep between takes or while listening to playbacks.
By April 1972 Free had reformed with Andy Fraser and Paul Rodgers making peace, and Kossoff appeared to pull it together if only briefly. Kossoff resumed taking drugs during the U.S. tour to support the last album by the original quartet Free at Last. On the eve of their Japanese tour Fraser fought with Rodgers and once again left the band, to be replaced by Yamauchi. Rodgers and Kirke elected to fill out the band bringing Bundrick on board as a member of Free for the tour and the last Free album Heartbreaker.
Although well received and filled with quality songwriting, "Kossoff Kirke Tetsu Rabbit" suffered from the lack of a strong lead vocalist like Rodgers. Kirke's song "Anna" was later re-recorded with Bad Company, the band that he and Rodgers established after the final breakup of Free.
The album was reissued in 2007 by Ork Records, a division of Cherry Red, in a remastered edition with a 12-page booklet featuring an interview with Bundrick.
- "Blue Grass" (Bundrick) – 5:10
- "Sammy's Alright" (Bundrick) – 4:08
- "Anna" (Kirke) – 3:43
- "Just for the Box" (Kossoff) – 3:33
- "Hold On" (Kirke, Kossoff) – 5:26
- "Fool's Life" (Bundrick) – 4:29
- "Yellow House" (Bundrick) – 3:26
- "Dying Fire" (Kirke) – 4:31
- "I'm on the Run" (Bundrick) – 4:38
- "Colours" (Elliott Burgess, Kossoff) – 4:47
- Paul Kossoff – lead guitars, vocals on Colours
- John "Rabbit" Bundrick – piano, electric piano, Mellotron, organ, vocals
- Tetsu Yamauchi – bass guitar
- Simon Kirke – drums, vocals
- Additional personnel
- Produced by Paul Kossoff, Simon Kirke, Tetsu Yamauchi & John "Rabbit" Bundrick
- Engineered By Richard Digby Smith and Tony Platt