|Full name||Konstantinos Tsimikas|
|Date of birth||12 May 1996|
|Place of birth||Thessaloniki, Greece|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2017||→ Esbjerg (loan)||9||(2)|
|2017–2018||→ Willem II (loan)||33||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:07 10 August 2020 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21:45, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
Konstantinos "Kostas" Tsimikas (Greek: Κωνσταντίνος "Κώστας" Τσιμίκας, born 12 May 1996) is a Greek professional footballer who plays as a left-back for Premier League club Liverpool and the Greece national team.
Tsimikas was born in Thessaloniki, and hails from the village of Lefkonas, Serres. He started his career from his village's local team and he transferred to AS Neapoli Thessaloniki when he was 14 years old. In 2013, he moved to Panserraikos and he scored 5 goals during 2013–14 season in Gamma Ethniki.
Loan to Esbjerg
On 28 December 2016, Tsimikas signed for Danish club Esbjerg on a loan until the end of the 2016–17 season. On 17 February 2017, in his debut with the club, he scored a goal in a 3–0 home win game against SønderjyskE Fodbold. He left the club after 13 games, and returned to Olympiacos.
Loan to Willem II
On 30 June 2017, Tsimikas made another loan move, this time to Dutch club Willem II on a season-long contract. He was a regular in the 2017–18 Eredivisie, starting 32 of the 34 matches, and also scored goals. In the quarter-finals of the KNVB Cup, his deflected free kick took the tie into extra time, and Willem II went on to beat Roda on penalties. Tsimikas' spectacular bicycle kick in a 3–2 win against FC Utrecht was voted Voetbal International Goal of the Month and contributed to his being named Eredivisie Rookie of the Month for March 2018.
Return to Olympiacos
Coach Pedro Martins kept Tsimikas at Olympiacos for the 2018–19 season. In November 2018, he crossed for Kostas Fortounis' first goal in a 5–1 defeat of F91 Dudelange in the Europa League group stage; both players were named in the UEFA Europa League Team of the Week. In late 2018, he was mainly left on the bench with Leonardo Koutris given the nod in his position, but the Olympiacos management is known to have huge faith in Tsimikas. As a result, the 22-year old was offered a new deal, with Tsimikas agreeing to sign the contract which would have kept him at the club until the summer of 2023.
Tsimikas received his first call-up to the Greek senior team for 2018–19 UEFA Nations League matches against Hungary and Finland in October. He made his international debut in the starting eleven for the match at home to Hungary on 12 October, and crossed for Kostas Mitroglou to score the only goal of the game.
- As of match played 6 August 2020
|Esbjerg (loan)||2016–17||Danish Superliga||9||2||4||0||—||—||—||13||2|
|Willem II (loan)||2017–18||Eredivisie||33||3||4||3||—||—||—||37||6|
- "Konstantinos Tsimikas". Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Konstantinos Tsimikas - UEFA". Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- talentabout.gr Ο ταλαντούχος Κώστας Τσιμικας
- Τσιμίκας: «Οι κόποι μου ανταμείβονται» [Tsimikas: "My troubles are rewarded"] (in Greek). 19 December 2015. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Επίσημο: στην Έσμπιεργκ δανεικός ο Τσιμίκας [Official: Tsimikas is on a loan with Esbjerg] (in Greek). 28 December 2016. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Willem II haalt linksback Konstantinos Tsimikas uit Griekenland" [Willem II get left-back Konstantinos Tsimikas from Greece] (in Dutch). 30 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "K. Tsimikas". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- Burns, Will (2 February 2018). "KNVB Beker report: Quarter-finals". Total Dutch Football. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Slip in Tilburg". FC Utrecht. 31 March 2018. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
"Fenomenale goal Tsimikas verkozen tot Doelpunt van de Maand maart" [Tsimikas' phenomenal goal chosen as Goal of the Month for March]. VI.nl (in Dutch). 13 April 2018. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
"Santiago Arias named Player of the Month". Eredivisie. 4 April 2018. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Olympiakos 5–1 F91 Dudelange". Sky Sports. 9 November 2018. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
"Who makes our Europa League Team of the Week?". UEFA. 9 November 2018. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Ολυμπιακός: Ανανέωσε για 4 χρόνια ο Τσιμίκας". www.sport24.gr. 10 January 2019. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- Shaw, Chris (10 August 2020). "Liverpool complete signing of Kostas Tsimikas". Liverpool FC. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- Williams, Sam (11 August 2020). "Kostas Tsimikas: 'I was a Liverpool fan - my family are very happy'". Liverpool F.C. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- Dobson, Mark; Unwin, Will (9 August 2020). "Liverpool set to sign Olympiakos left-back Kostas Tsimikas for £11.75m". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- Nicolaides, Shaun (4 October 2018). "Paschalakis and Tsimikas receive maiden national team call-ups". AgonaSport. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- Georgakopoulos, George (12 October 2018). "Mitroglou settles Greece's scores against Hungary". Ekathimerini. Retrieved 5 December 2019.