Костянтин Валентинович Жеваго
|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
March 1998 – 2019
|Born||January 7, 1974|
Iul'tin, Russian SFSR
|Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc (2006-2012)|
|Children||son Ivan and daughter Sofiya|
Kostyantyn Valentynovych Zhevago (Ukrainian: Костянтин Валентинович Жеваго, Russian: Константин Валентинович Жеваго, born January 7, 1974) is a Ukrainian entrepreneur, the youngest self-made billionaire in Europe. He was the first Eastern European to present one of his companies — Ferrexpo to the London Stock Exchange. Zhevago controls the "Finances and Credit" group — one of largest conglomerates of Ukraine; holds a post of FC Vorskla honorary president. He has been a member of the Verkhovna Rada (parliament of Ukraine) since 1998.
In 1991 Kostyantin Zhevago entered the Kyiv National Economic University, taking «Accounting and analysis of external economic activity» specialization. In 1996, he graduated with a master's degree in economics.
In 2003 Kostyantin Zhevago defended a candidate's dissertation «International investments and effective economic development» in the Kyiv National Economic University.
While studying Kostyantin Zhevago began a career in the position of "Finances and Credit" chief financial officer (Ukrainian: ЗАТ "Фінанси та Кредит", Russian: ЗАО "Финансы и Кредит"), holding this post from 1993 to 1996. From 1996 to 1998 he holds posts of "Finances and Credit" president, public corporation "Poltava ore-dressing and processing enterprise" (Ukrainian: ВАТ «Полтавський ГЗК», Russian: ОАО «Полтавский ГОК») council deputy and is member of public corporation "Ukrnafta" (Ukrainian: Dfn «Укрна́фта», Russian: ОАО «Укрна́фта») supervisory board.
Kostyantin Zhevago, 35-year-old investor, was the first of the Ukrainian multimillionaires to present one of his companies — Ferrexpo to the London Stock Exchange. In autumn 2007 Ferrexpo was added to the FTSE 250 Index.
Forbes magazine named Kostyantin Zhevago the youngest billionaire in Europe, who made his fortune by himself. His bank "Finances and Credit" was one of the TOP-10 largest Ukrainian banks with hundreds of branches across Ukraine. He controls developed and successful enterprises in mining and metallurgical, shipbuilding, engineering, heavy car production, pharmacology and food industries in Ukraine and countries of Western Europe and Middle East. Owns the football team of Ukrainian Premier League FC Vorskla Poltava.
In Ukraine Kostyantin Zhevago conducts active political activity. In the period of March 1998 — April 2002 he holds the post of a State Deputy of Ukraine of 3rd convocation from 149th electoral district (Poltava Oblast). June 1998 — Zhevago Kostyantin is a member of parliament committee of questions of economic policy, state economy management, property and investments.
April 2002 to April 2006 — post of a State Deputy of Ukraine of 4th convocation from 150 electoral district (Poltava Oblast). June, 2002 — member of parliament committee of questions of legal policy, member of Verkhovna Rada permanent delegation in PACE.
Since December 23, 2007 Kostyantin Zhevago holds a post of State Deputy of Ukraine of 6th convocation in the list of Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc. Leader of deputy group of inter-parliamentary connections with Japan. He missed all 51 parliament sessions in 2010.
Zhevago returned to parliament after the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election after winning with more than 60% as an independent candidate in single-member districts number 150 (first-past-the-post wins a parliament seat) located in the town Horishni Plavni; the successors of his former political association Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc, Batkivshchyna, did not have its own candidate in this district. Zhevago did not join a faction in the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament).
In the 2014 parliamentary election Zhevago was re-elected into parliament again as an independent candidate in single-member districts number 150; this time with 43.81% of the votes. He again did not join a faction.
In the 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary election, Zhevago failed to regain his seat in parliament, concluding his twenty one year career as a member of parliament. He lost the election in single-member district number 150 with 24.9% of the vote. The winning candidate was Alexei Movchan from the Servant of the People party, who won with 41% of the vote.
"Finances and Credit" group is to one of the largest Ukrainian conglomerates. It includes enterprises in the fields of metallurgy, ferrous deposits and ferromagnetic ore, engineering, transport, pharmaceutics, shipbuilding, energetics.
"Finances and Credit" bank was founded in 1990 and by the size of assets it was considered one of the largest banks of Ukraine according to classification of National Bank of Ukraine. By April 1, 2009 authorized capital stock of the bank made 2 billion UAH, net wealth made 18,316 billion UAH, bank liabilities — 15,840 billion UAH. The loan portfolio made 15,880 billion UAH, loan portfolio of natural person — bank clients — 5, 983 billion UAH. By April 1, 2009 the bank system included 16 branches and 326 departments in all areas of Ukraine. The basic shareholders of "Finances and Credit" bank on 01.04.2009 were the close corporation "F&C Realty" (46,67%), LTD "Askaniya" (48,88%) and National joint-stock company "Naftohaz Ukrainy" (0,63%). According to the Ukrainian Bank Association data, by April 1, 2009 the bank occupied the 13th place among 162 operating in the country. On 17 December 2016 the National Bank of Ukraine withdrew the banking license of Finance and Credit and liquidated the bank.
"Finances and Credit" group companies
- Insurance and finances
«Omega» insurance company
- Real estate
Joint-stock company «F&C Realty», Hotel «Salute» Kiev, Terminal in the seaport "Southern" (Odessa), Institute «Kievsoyuzdorproekt»
Joint-stock company “Biloterkovna teploelektrotsentral”, Ukrenerhosbyt, Odessaoblenerho, Ukrainian-German «Mega-motors», Luhanskoblenerho
Joint-stock company «Rosava», joint-stock company “Kremenchug factory of technical carbon”, Stakhanov factory of technical carbon, LTD. “Ukrtekhuglerod”, Zatisnyansk chemical factory
AvtoKrAZ, Uzhgorod «Turbogaz», Kharkov instrumental factory, Stakhanov carriage works, Berdychiv machine-shop «Progress», Poltava machine unit factory
Zaliv Shipbuilding yard, “Kiev shipbuilding and reconstruction factory”
- Metallurgy and Resources
Poltava GOK (iron-stone, pellet), Skopski Legury (ferro-alloys), Ferreekspo (Switzerland), Electrometallurgical plant «Vorskla Steel» (in the process of building), Electrometallurgical factory «Vorskla steel Denmark»
Joint-stock companies “Kievmedpreparat”, “Gemoplast”, “Galichfarm”.
- Food industry
- (in Ukrainian) National deputies of Ukraine:Kostyantin Zhevago, Verkhovna Rada
- (in Ukrainian)Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc election list #62 Archived 2011-06-07 at the Wayback Machine, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- Biography Archived 2009-11-06 at the Wayback Machine, Ukrainian Parliament
- Europe's Youngest Billionaires
- Народні Депутати України 3-го скликання (1998-2002)
- Народні Депутати України 4-го скликання (2002-2006)
- Народні Депутати України 5-го скликання (2006-2007)
- Kostyantin Valentynovych Zhevago, Bloomberg L.P. (2009)
- "Чисельність народних депутатів України". Archived from the original on 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- #5 Richest: Kostyantyn Zhevago, 36, Kyiv Post (December 17, 2010)
- (in Ukrainian)Полтавська область. Одномандатний виборчий округ №150 Poltava region. The single-mandate constituency № 150 Archived 2012-10-31 at the Wayback Machine, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- (in Ukrainian) Candidates and winners for the seat of the constituency 150 in the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election Archived 2014-12-10 at the Wayback Machine, RBK Ukraine
- (in Ukrainian) National deputies of Ukraine:Kostyantin Zhevago, Verkhovna Rada
- Активи та зобов'язання на 01.04.2009 р.[permanent dead link]
- NBU decides to liquidate bank Finance and Credit, Interfax-Ukraine (18 December 2015)
- "Группа "Финансы и кредит" at baza.proua.com". Archived from the original on 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- #891 Kostyantin Zhevago - Forbes.com
- Eight Ukrainians make Forbes magazine's list of world billionaires, Kyiv Post (8 March 2012)
- Official website of Finance and Credit Bank
- Kiev National Economic University
- Ferrexpo chief shrugs off shareholder ire, Financial Times, June 8 2009
- Tycoon rejects 'oligarch' tag, Financial Times, June 8 2009
- Dossier on Konstyantin Zhevago — Liga dossier
- Kostiantyn Zhevago, exclusive interview - Focus Magazine. January, 2010 (original article)
- Kostiantyn Zhevago, exclusive interview - Focus Magazine. January, 2010 (translation)
- Konstantin Zhevago (dossier) is Focus magazine. December, 21.2007
- Konstantin Zhevago (dossier) is Focus magazine. April, 02.2009
- Konstantin Zhevago (dossier) is Correspondent magazine. September, 8.2008
- Interview with Konstantinom Zhevago. Correspondent magazine. November, 3.2007[permanent dead link]
- Konstantin Zhevago: it is necessary to keep promises which we gave the market
- Konstantin Zhevago is acknowledged the youngest billionaire of Europe
- "In Pictures: Billionaire Blowups, 2008". Archived from the original on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2009-05-15.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Profile : Konstantin Zhevago (Finance and Credit Group)
- IPO Ferrexpo
- Ferrexpo manages to stay in the black