Town / Village
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Udupi-Chikmagalur|
Kota is a town on NH 66 on the way from Udupi to Kundapura. Famous Kannada writer, novelist and Yakshgana exponent, K. Shivaram Karanth hailed from this place. Winner of young scientist award and member of Sakura Science Club,Japan Kota Aniketh Shenoy hails from this place. Kota is approximately 24 km from Udupi and 12 km from Kundapur.
Places of interest in Kota
- Saligrama Gurunarasimha Temple, presiding deity for Kota Brahmins
- Hire Mahalingeshwara Temple
- Amritheshwari Temple Genda is celebrated once in a year.
- Bellada Ganapathi Temple
- Mulle Ganapathi Temple
- Rajshekar Temple
- Arabian Sea is approximately 2 km from Kota
- Kota Padukere Beach
- Kashi Mutt with Sri Muralidhara (Krishna) as the presiding deity. Sharada Utsav, Bhajana Saptah are celebrated with great enthusiasm here in Navarathri.
- Shivarama Karantha Theme Park .Has a library, art gallery, a beautiful garden and a Montessori.
- St. Joseph's Church
- Jattigeshwara Temple Manur-Padukere, Kota
- Mahalingeshwara Temple Manuru- Kota
- SMT. Laxmi Soma Bangera First Grade College., manur-padukare, Kota
- Viveka High School
- Viveka Pre-University College
The school, started as a High School with 300 students in 1949, has now grown into a cluster of Institutions which includes Viveka Boys’ High School, Viveka Girls’ High School, Viveka English Medium High School, Viveka Pre-University College with a separate wing for Vocational Training during matriculation stage.
- Govt. High School Manur Padukare
- Govt.Primary School Manur Padukare
- Shri Shambhavi Vidyadayini School
- Rama Prasada Higher Primary School Manuru.
- Prabhat Doors, Kota
- Janatha Fishmeal and Oil Products Kota
- Tolar Ocean Products
- Karavali Ocean Products and ice plant
- Goan sea foods
- Best sea foods
- Cashew nut industries
- Beedi industries
- Matha furnitures
- Karnataka Bank
- "Central Excise and Service Tax Location Code (Areas Under the Range Udupi (610301)". Central Excise and Service Tax. Retrieved 2 August 2009.
- "STD Codes for cities in Karnataka". Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). Archived from the original on 17 April 2008. Retrieved 6 July 2008.
- "List of RTOs". AICDA (All India Car Dealers Association). Archived from the original on 28 August 2008. Retrieved 14 July 2008.
|This article related to a location in Udupi District, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|