Kota Harinarayana (born 1943, in Brahmapur, Odisha) is appointed as Chairman of the Board of Governors of IIT (BHU), Varanasi by Hon'ble President of India on 25.08.2020 for three years. He was the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Hyderabad and the President of the Aeronautical Society of India. His schooling is from City High School, Brahmapur. He is an alumnus of the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (now Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi) (bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering), Indian Institute of Science (master's in Aero Engineering) and IIT Bombay (Ph.D). He also holds a bachelor's degree in law. He was Programme Director and Chief Designer of India's Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas Programme.
Awards and honours
- Distinguished Scientist Award, Defence Research Development Organization, India
- Padma Shri, 2002
- "Chairman BoG, IIT (BHU) Varanasi".
- "German grant for Hyderabad varsity". The Hindu Business Line. 4 November 2004. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Kalam for updating aeronautical policy". The Hindu. 22 January 2003. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 September 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Zephyr 2009 - Celebrating the Spirit of Aviation - Aerospace Engineering, IIT Bombay". aero.iitb.ac.in. Archived from the original on 3 September 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- "`LCA is about creating wealth for country' -- Dr Kota Harinarayana, Programme Director (LCA), Aeronautical Development Agency". The Hindu Business Line. 13 January 2001. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Padma Vibhushan for Rangarajan, Soli Sorabjee". The Hindu. 26 January 2002. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
|This article about an Indian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|