This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
April 23, 1975|
|Occupation||Video game composer|
|Notable work||Armored Core series|
Kota Hoshino (星野康太 Hoshino Kota) (born April 23, 1975 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese musical composer employed by video game developer FromSoftware. As part of FromSoftware's sound team, "FreQuency", Hoshino primarily composes music for the company's flagship franchise, Armored Core.
Hoshino was educated at Surugadai University and began working at From Software in spring of 1998. His first project with the company was Echo Night for the PlayStation. As the game uses very little music, some unused tracks from the game were later used in Evergrace. Hoshino states that he cannot read music, so he does not compose orchestral scores.
- Echo Night (1998)
- Spriggan: Lunar Verse (1999)
- Armored Core: Master of Arena (1999)
- Echo Night 2 (1999)
- Frame Gride (1999)
- Evergrace (2000)
- Armored Core 2 (2000)
- The Adventures of Cookie & Cream (2000)
- Forever Kingdom (2001)
- Lost Kingdoms (2002)
- Armored Core 3 (2002)
- Silent Line: Armored Core (2003)
- Lost Kingdoms II (2003)
- Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors (2003)
- Armored Core: Nexus (2004)
- Metal Wolf Chaos (2004)
- Tenchu: Fatal Shadows (2004)
- Armored Core: Last Raven (2005)
- Armored Core 4 (2006)
- Chromehounds (2006)
- Armored Core: For Answer (2008)
- Armored Core V (2012)
- Armored Core: Verdict Day (2013)
- "RocketBaby's video game and anime music journal: Interview with Kota Hoshino". RocketBaby.net. 2003. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "FreQuency - About". fromsoundrecords.com (in Japanese).
- "FreQuency - Discography". fromsoundrecords.com (in Japanese).
|This article about a Japanese composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|