|Born||April 23, 1975|
|Occupation||Composer, sound designer|
Kota Hoshino (星野康太, Hoshino Kōta) (born April 23, 1975 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese composer and sound designer employed by video game developer FromSoftware. As part of FromSoftware's sound team, "FreQuency," Hoshino is best known for his work on Armored Core. FreQuency also perform music from the series during live events.
Hoshino was educated at Surugadai University and began working at From Software in spring of 1998. His first project with the company was Echo Night for the PlayStation. As the game uses very little music, some unused tracks from the game were later used in Evergrace. Hoshino stated that he cannot read music, so he usually does not compose orchestral scores.
- "RocketBaby's video game and anime music journal: Interview with Kota Hoshino". RocketBaby.net. 2003. Archived from the original on 11 July 2021. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "FreQuency - About". fromsoundrecords.com (in Japanese).
- "FreQuency - Discography". fromsoundrecords.com (in Japanese).
- "『アーマード・コア』の楽曲で高揚感の新境地へ、爆音「FreQuency」LIVEレポート". Inside. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "ロックでメカニカルな演奏に、すべてのレイヴン、リンクス、ミグラントたちが熱狂！ 『アーマード・コア』シリーズミュージックライブ【闘会議2017】". Famitsu. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Dark Souls II (2014) Windows credits - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 10 March 2021.
- "Dark Souls III (2016) PlayStation 4 credits - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 10 March 2021.